Anyone like to write?

Options
AlyshaSaige
AlyshaSaige Posts: 3 Member
Hey everyone! I love creative writing and will do it until the day I die, whether I get published or not. I am always looking for fellow writers, so I thought I would just ask you guys :)

Replies

• jenniferlynn2477
    jenniferlynn2477 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I write all the time, but honestly...I don't finish much of what I write. No idea why, I work on it to a point and then from time to time I come back and work on a story. I have 300+ stories I have that are in process, lol.
  • twoday
    twoday Posts: 210
    Options
    I like to write stories I just don't know how to put them together
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options
    I just finished writing my first novel and I am going through the process of re-reading it and making changes. I figure I'll probably have to do that a few times and in between this I will be researching publishers/agents/editors to send my work to.
  • jenniferlynn2477
    Options
    Writing is my passion and while I do it for fun, I do a lot of it in my spare time. It is so fun to be daydreaming or thinking of something and I put it down on paper and I never forget about that particular idea. Then later on I might have another idea and I go back and write something else about it.
  • LetsMakeupXtina
    LetsMakeupXtina Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    i wish i had the creativity to sit and write... take that gift and work with it!
  • BrotherBill913
    BrotherBill913 Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    I just finished writing my first novel and I am going through the process of re-reading it and making changes. I figure I'll probably have to do that a few times and in between this I will be researching publishers/agents/editors to send my work to.

Avoid the Vanity Houses, but I'm sure you are already aware of that..
  • HurricaneElaine
    HurricaneElaine Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    Yes, I certainly do. I've written poetry since I was 9. Won a few contests also! I'm struggling to finish a novel I started back in 1996. Long story about that; I won't bore you with it.
  • BrotherBill913
    BrotherBill913 Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    I do write, and actually took back to writing my unfinished book a few weeks ago... This is one of the smarter posts of the day, thanks for starting it.........
  • jenniferlynn2477
    Options
    Poetry has always fascinated me, but I can't do it for the life of me. I give you a lot of credit for doing that. And hey sticking with the novel even though you are struggling is determination.
  • I write all the time, but honestly...I don't finish much of what I write. No idea why, I work on it to a point and then from time to time I come back and work on a story. I have 300+ stories I have that are in process, lol.

I'm the same before I think of an ending for one I've already moved on to the next, my cupboard is full of folders and folders of 3/4 finished stories and ideas for new one. One day I will end all of them
  • Coach_Simon
    Coach_Simon Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I love to write as well. Mostly poetry, but I've also written a few short stories and a novel I'm still working on.
  • jenniferlynn2477
    Options
    I do write, and actually took back to writing my unfinished book a few weeks ago... This is one of the smarter posts of the day, thanks for starting it.........

Good luck in working on the book!
  • jenniferlynn2477
    Options
    I love to write as well. Mostly poetry, but I've also written a few short stories and a novel I'm still working on.

That is awesome Simon! I couldn't write poetry to save my life, but it is fascinating to read.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    Yes. I write.
  • lisadiane41
    Options
    I love to write. I have been keeping journals of my life for years. Who knows may be I will write a novel one day about my life....LOL
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options

Yes, very aware of that. There's a great website called the editorial department and they have a section called "Preditors and Editors" and it has a bunch of editors, agents, publishers etc. and tells you which ones to stay away from, which are good, which are recommended etc. They even have tips on how to spot scams and all that.

I"m also not too keen on self publishing. It's a lot of money and I have seen a lot of poorly edited and really bad self published books.
  • Coach_Simon
    Coach_Simon Posts: 254 Member
    Options

That is awesome Simon! I couldn't write poetry to save my life, but it is fascinating to read.

Yes it seems poetry comes easier to me than anything else!
  • LetsTryThisAgain54
    LetsTryThisAgain54 Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    I'm writing a children's novel and plan to finish it by February. :)
  • Derpes
    Derpes Posts: 2,033 Member
    Options
    I am a freelance writer - it is not my day job but I do it nonetheless.

My works are not particularly interesting unless you enjoy trade journals on subjects such business, environmental health and safety, etc..
  • LetsTryThisAgain54
    LetsTryThisAgain54 Posts: 381 Member
    Options

Yes, very aware of that. There's a great website called the editorial department and they have a section called "Preditors and Editors" and it has a bunch of editors, agents, publishers etc. and tells you which ones to stay away from, which are good, which are recommended etc. They even have tips on how to spot scams and all that.

I"m also not too keen on self publishing. It's a lot of money and I have seen a lot of poorly edited and really bad self published books.

Thanks! I will definitely check out that website. :)