Treadmill Question

Options
Hi all, I'm looking to buy a treadmill, specifically the Reebok CrossWalk V 7.90 from costco.com with a great sale right now. I did read reviews - some loved, some hated, but I wanted to check here and see if anyone has this treadmill to provide feedback or has any experience w/ the Reeboks. Or if you own a different treadmill (reasonably priced - under $600) if you would recommend it. Thanks!!

Replies

• LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options
    I bought a used treadmill from a post on Craigslist for $180. It was a (essentially never) used Proform J4.
    I love it and have been 100% happy with my purchase. I know Craigslist can be tricky but I've bought several things from people over the years -- large upright freezer in great shape for $100, a chest freezer for $70 that I later sold to someone else on CL for a PROFIT, an exercise bike for $45 and my treadmill for $180. So that's like, what, $395 for 2 freezers, a stationary bike, and a treadmill all in perfect condition? If I had bought all those things new, I would've spent $2000 easy! Just call me cheap. :wink:
  • lisanxd
    Options
    I've been looking on Craigslist too, cause I know people buy these and then they end up being "clothes hangers"... but I'm just worried that I will get one that ends up being not as great as the poster claims. I haven't seen any here for that cheap, saw some for $450 and thought maybe it would be safer to go with brand-new. But I will keep my eye out, thanks!
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I've definitely found that patience, pictures & lots of questions is key with Craigslist. I wouldn't feel comfortable paying $450 for a used treadmill with no guarantee. I think the guy was asking $225 for the one I bought. I offered $180 & he accepted. :smile:

Edit: But this is probably the wrong time of year to be looking for a used treadmill. People are still clinging to those resolutions. :laugh: I mean, you can't give up hope in February.
  • lose2cruise
    Options
    If you plan on using it quite a bit, you need to consider the motor. I bought mine years ago and paid about $1400 for it, but it has lasted all this time. I didn't get one with all the bells and whistles either. Just a basic with speed, calories, elevation. I would look up some reviews online before I purchase one.
  • obrats
    obrats Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Check this site before buying one. http://www.treadmilladviser.com/treadmill-buyers-guide.html

Pay very close attention to the part about "continuous duty" with regards to horsepower.
  • TnTHawkins
    TnTHawkins Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    We purchased the Epic T60 years ago from CostCo for about $900 and it is still doing great. I agree with "lose2cruise" consider the motor, width and length of belt. When I did the research before buying you want a wider and longer belt if you plan on running on it. Mine is 20 X 60 and works great.

Good Luck.
  • cds2327
    cds2327 Posts: 439
    Options
    we bought the Golds Gym 450 at Walmart for about 450 (?). It is definately not top of the line, but it was cheaper, and gets the job done.
    it has 1-10 incline
    and 1-10 speed as well as premade classic and fat loss workouts. Also, it folds real easy for storage.
  • TnTHawkins
    TnTHawkins Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    Hi all, I'm looking to buy a treadmill, specifically the Reebok CrossWalk V 7.90 from costco.com with a great sale right now. I did read reviews - some loved, some hated, but I wanted to check here and see if anyone has this treadmill to provide feedback or has any experience w/ the Reeboks. Or if you own a different treadmill (reasonably priced - under $600) if you would recommend it. Thanks!!

If could get some extra money, this one looks great and I have had no problems with EPIC.

EPIC View 550 SD Trainer Treadmill
    20" x 60" Treadbelt
    3.25 Continuous Duty HP Motor
    iFit® Workout Card Technology
    Item # 498081

$999.99
    Shipping & Handling included