Chocolate NSV plus more!!

sarah5423
sarah5423 Posts: 152 Member
This may not seem much to some but it really hit home to me last night how much I have changed over the past 10 months...

On the way home from a holiday at the end of August I treated myself to a box of Extra Dark Guylian Chocolates - just the normal size one layer box. Now these little gems used to be my Easter, Christmas and Birthday treats from my mum and I could quite easily polish of the box in no time at all. Well last night I finished the box - almost 4 months later! I honestly cannot believe how restrained I've been with them - they weren't hidden away but in full view every time I opened the cupboard.

It goes to show that with time your habits do change and you do learn self control, if I can do this anyone can!

I'm now maintaining my weight and working on body composition over scale weight which I am finding harder as you don't see the scale move on a weekly basis but my NSV's keep me going, like:

*Each week I seem to be able to jog a little further without thinking I'm going to die!
*Making healthier food choices without feeling completely deprived
*Knowing that my health is better than it has ever been - coming from the girl who would come down with a cold/flu every 3 months followed by a chest infection
*Not crying in front of the mirror when getting ready to go out
*My old skinny clothes are now too big and although the cost of replacing everything is going to be huge - the feeling I get from this is priceless

Overall I would say that starting my journey, finding this site and the support from my amazing MFP friends has changed my life in so many ways, for anyone just starting out - don't give up, listen to your body, read the forums, ask advise, just keep moving and you will get there, whether it takes 2 months or 2 years it will be worth it in the end! :heart:

Replies

• fredf2112
    fredf2112 Posts: 110 Member
    Fantastic and very inspirational.
  • Its_Nat
    Its_Nat Posts: 184 Member
    Good for you! Well done Sarah!
  • 33Freya
    33Freya Posts: 468 Member
    Yes!! :flowerforyou:
  • wellbur
    wellbur Posts: 240 Member
    Thats fantastic Sarah and I totally agree with you, think i am on the same journey.. Thank you for your support and glad i can support you. :love:
  • sarah5423
    sarah5423 Posts: 152 Member
    Thank you for the responses, I don't know where I would be without this amazing network of people! And Alison we will continue to improve and stay on track even with the Christmas goodies! :happy: your support has meant the world to me and I hope we both continue on for a long time to come :flowerforyou:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!