Just joined

Options
Hi, I just joined this group and so far like how the site tracks the foods. I've used other sites, but this one seems to have more of the foods I eat. I knew this must be a good one as it was listed as a resource site on my drs website.

I'm a 49 yr old female looking for a support group to help me stay on track in my weight loss journey. I am a 7 year breast cancer survivor and do know how important keeping your weight under control is. The last 7 years I focused on not letting the cancer beast get the best of me and now feel I have that demon behind me and ready to move on to the next thing. Anxiety is another challenge I have and feel I have somewhat conquered that.

Eating isn't something I use as a crutch to battle my problems. I simply like food and have gotten my portion sizes way out of control. I also need to be more active and exercise. I've had a bum knee for years and have babied it instead of working it. Plus with the anxiety any amount of heart rate increase freaks me out thinking I'm having an anxiety attack. I'm slowly learning the difference.

I look forward to meeting some new friends here. Having a been there done that person around is always helpful to me.

Replies

• jamiewaszak
    Options
    Hello-

I have been tracking my food for just about a week now. At first I was doing so great, but lately I feel sluggish and I am starting to get hungry more.
    Can anyone give me some tips?

Thanks
  • signmecr
    Options
    I don't really know why you are feeling sluggish, unless you are coming down with something. I myself have been fighting an upper respiratory infection. It is much harder to concentrate on eating good when you don't feel well. Hang in there, I know I go in spurts about recording what I eat. Can seem like a hassle, but I do know I do better if I use the site to record my food.
  • jamiewaszak
    Options
    Thanks!
    It does definitely help writing down everything I eat. I have come to realize alot about my eating habits. I really do eat more if I am bored or stressed- something I swore I didn't do.