Drivers License Weight... OK to lie?? ;-)

Options
13»

Replies

• MTGirl
    MTGirl Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    Whoops, I meant to put UD-but then again...everyone on here is so helpful that they bash what I said. Oh well, people just can't seem to grasp that we're human and make mistakes.

I don't think anyone was bashing you MaidofAstelot. They were just correcting the error so other people reading it would understand. Some people are easily confused and, you are right, don't translate it correctly in their heads when they read a mistake. Nothing personal :flowerforyou: Yup, you made a mistake. I do that once in a while too - just don't tell my husband or boss that! :laugh: no biggie.

Oh, and my DL weight is wrong. When I renewed, it was about 30 lb less. Now, even though I gained back everything I lost last year, it is about 10 lbs over my current weight. I have 4 years until I can renew - you can't get a new license with a new pic until you renew - they just print your old pic. If I ever get pulled over they will think I am not that person :laugh: Just 'cuz I look so different from that pic.
  • mrsbeck
    mrsbeck Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I should clarify something...In my state, (at least 20 years ago when I was an EMT,rules may be different now) EMTs do not give medication. Only paramedics do. My father was a paramedic at the same time that I was an EMT, and I completed Paramedic School, which is why I know dosing protocols. However, I, personally did not administer medication as an EMT. I have only administered meds as a paramedic trainee, under the VERY watchful eye of my Paramedic Supervisor.

Just in case any lawsuit-happy former patients are reading this.
  • JStarnes
    JStarnes Posts: 5,576 Member
    Options
    You guys have your weight on your licence? That sucks...
    That DOES Suck. :noway:
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options
    If I ever get pulled over they will think I am not that person :laugh: Just 'cuz I look so different from that pic.

I know it's off the original topic, but I had to comment because that happened to me! Well, I didn't get pulled over, but I used to smoke cigarettes & when I was about 19 or 20 I went into a convenience store to buy cigarettes and the woman REFUSED to sell them to me because she didn't think it was my ID. She thought I was underage (in her defense, I've always looked very young for my age. The woman at Walmart didn't want to sell me an R rated movie the other day -- I'M 25! :laugh:). I said "If that's not me, why do all my credit cards & checkbook have that same name?" (while pulling everything out of my purse to show her) and do you know what what she did then? She said, "I don't know, you probably stole some girl's purse." :noway: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Crazy people.
  • leavinglasvegas
    Options
    If I ever get pulled over they will think I am not that person :laugh: Just 'cuz I look so different from that pic.

I know it's off the original topic, but I had to comment that because that happened to me! Well, I didn't get pulled over, but I used to smoke cigarettes & when I was about 19 or 20 I went into a convenience store to buy cigarettes and the woman REFUSED to sell them to me because she didn't think it was my ID. She thought I was underage (in her defense, I've always looked very young for my age. The woman at Walmart didn't want to sell me an R rated movie the other day -- I'M 25! :laugh:). I said "If that's not me, why do all my credit cards & checkbook have that same name?" (while pulling everything out of my purse) and do you know what what she did then? She accused me to stealing "some girl's purse." :noway: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Crazy people.

This happened to me when I was buying liquor. I worked next door to the party store and even cashed a check there. When I colored my hair, I had trouble there and even at a bar one time!
  • CrystalT
    CrystalT Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    Whoops, I meant to put UD-but then again...everyone on here is so helpful that they bash what I said. Oh well, people just can't seem to grasp that we're human and make mistakes.

I'm really sorry if you felt I was bashing you. I never said anything about you to make you feel that way, but all the same I never intended to upset you.

At the same time, something like that could really scare people. I felt it appropriate to make the statement I did.

Yes, I do grasp that you and everyone else on here are human. But as a human, I'm allowed to speak my opinion and correct any mistakes I see if I chose to do so.

**edit for spelling**
  • tabbydog
    tabbydog Posts: 4,925 Member
    Options
    I color my hair. :blushing:

I lie about my age. :embarassed:

My weight on my DL is 105, which is what I weighed when I got it. I now weigh significanlty more than that, and don't plan to change it on the license! :drinker:
  • Sparksfly
    Sparksfly Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    I think it's ok to lie because in our society I feel some people are very judgemental when it comes to numbers.

Weight, height, waist size...etc. there is a lot of pressure to be smaller. I don't want people to know/see my weight because it's nobodys d*mn buisness but my own, my doctors, and my MFP'ers :blushing: :blushing:

As long as it isn't hurting anyone, who cares if you lie a little bit?
  • TheMaidOfAstolat
    TheMaidOfAstolat Posts: 3,222 Member
    Options

I know it's off the original topic, but I had to comment because that happened to me! Well, I didn't get pulled over, but I used to smoke cigarettes & when I was about 19 or 20 I went into a convenience store to buy cigarettes and the woman REFUSED to sell them to me because she didn't think it was my ID. She thought I was underage (in her defense, I've always looked very young for my age. The woman at Walmart didn't want to sell me an R rated movie the other day -- I'M 25! :laugh:). I said "If that's not me, why do all my credit cards & checkbook have that same name?" (while pulling everything out of my purse to show her) and do you know what what she did then? She said, "I don't know, you probably stole some girl's purse." :noway: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Crazy people.

Happens to me all the time (not for cigs or booze), my daughter is 6 years old and everyone seems to think that I'm her big sister (I had her when I was 18).
  • Huxalyn
    Huxalyn Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Is it weird that my driver's license weight is 30lb HEAVIER than I am? Every time I go I keep forgetting to change it...
  • barbarella
    barbarella Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    You Guyz ROCK!!!! Love the comments! :love: :flowerforyou:

So I renewed my DL yesterday, good for 8 (not 10 years), in Oregon. The woman behind the counter turned the computer screen around for me to see and asked if I wanted to update anything. Just the hair color to gray..... I'm still a female, I said! :laugh: :tongue:

I kept the weight the same...... nostalgia for a slimmer time? Goal for the future? Too lazy to change?

The Picture.... now there's another thread......... mine was BAD! :grumble: :noway:
    I wore a cool leopard blouse and it hardly even shows up! :brokenheart: :sad:

Banks: what can I tell ya? Us Girlz are more fudgey on numbers than Guyz. Interesting when I talk to people about weight loss, women don't give their specific weight, but how many pounds up/down. Men say their actual weight. Go figure!?