Finally put my scale away but getting frustrated!?

Options
So I have been eating pretty strict for the past two and a half weeks with the exception of 3 days when my boyfriend came to visit me and we ate whatever we wanted. I am getting super frustrated because I am seeing little to no weight loss. I know half the problem is that I weigh myself like 5 times a day and I get mad when I don't see deductions as the day goes on. It's so frustrating and it makes me feel like I am getting nowhere. I have been doing at least 30 mins of cardio at the gym 4-5 days a week and really really counting my calories with this app.. I am never over 1400 calories and on some days like today I am struggling to make it to 1200 calories. I need to drink more water but why isn't this weight coming off???????? AAHH!!!

Replies

• ubermensch13
    ubermensch13 Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    1. Get over your obsession with the numbers.
    2. Be patient, it has only been a few weeks.
    3. "Little weight loss" is still weight loss.
    4. Look at other forms of success, ex: inches, loose clothes.
  • Kim55555
    Kim55555 Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    Hi :)

How much fat do you have to lose? If its less than 5 or 10 pounds dont pay so much attention to the scale.

I've been at this since April 2010 and have lost 33 kgs but in the past 12 months the scale has slowed way down and have lost just 3 kg's. For some reason I have had it fixed in my head that I want to get to 57 kg but I dunno if it will ever happen. In August I got to 57.5 stayed there for 1 week. Atm I'm 58.5 and got to 57.7 about 2 weeks ago and then only stayed at 57.7 for yet again 1 week. My body doesn't like that number haha.

The scale number is not the most important to go by when assessing your progress!!

As I said in the past 12 months i've lost just 3 kg's. Hovering between a 2 kg range a lot of the time. My body looks completely different since 12 months ago. People that see me would be amazed its only a 3 kg loss in 12 months. I will have to post up some photos to show what I'm talking about.

I have had to be very patient as I sometimes feel like I'm flying blind as I can no longer track how well i am doing by the number on the scale! What I have been doing is taking measurements and body fat % with a skin caliper although those 2 methods are not always showing changes and can get discouraging. Sometimes the only way I have been able to tell if I'm losing still is when I see someone i hadn't seen for 3 months and they tell me they can tell I've lost heaps more weight. I thank them for telling me as I find it is the ultimate feedback! The other way I track myself is by buying clothes that are too small with the aim to get into them in 3 months time. So for example I bought a fitted addidas top 6 months ago. It was really uncomfy to wear. Really tight. Then I would try it on again every month to see how I was progressing until finally 3 months ago it fitted. Now 3 months later (today) I look in the mirror and the top is no longer a fitted top lol as it is looking looser haha. I'm still hovering around the same 2 kg's since then though.

In the last few months I am can see real definition in my arm muscles. My triceps are coming in, my delts and biceps nows. Obviously I'm losing fat. My body comp is changing but just does not show up on the scale.

Depending on how much fat you want to lose you are going to have to have patience and dedication. Forget about that scale seriously!! Especially if you are exercising and doing weights. You will retain water inside the muscles, your bones and muscles will be stronger and a little heavier and will mask the true fat loss. Fat per gram is not as heavy as muscle & water.

I'll have to come on here when im on holidays and post up a topic with my comparison photos!! Then you will see what I'm getting at.

Keep it going. Good luck and just keep perservering as its a long slow process if you do this correctly (as a lifestyle change) If you want fast scale results then stop eating protein, dont do exercise and eat less than 1000 calories and or combine with tonns of cardio lol. Who cares what the number on the scale is. You want that healthy look thought, that toned look so I suggest the slower the better. What you need to concentrate on is the way you look in clothes. How you look naked!

Ok i've decided to post this as a new topic in the hope of encouraging others.

Keep at it mate

:)
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    1. Get over your obsession with the numbers.
    2. Be patient, it has only been a few weeks.
    3. "Little weight loss" is still weight loss.
    4. Look at other forms of success, ex: inches, loose clothes.

I couldn't have said it better.