Hip Bones

Options
2»

Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,709 Member
    Options
    Sleep Number bed...........................

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • LilacDreamer
    LilacDreamer Posts: 1,365 Member
    Options
    Sleep Number bed...........................

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

way out of our price range. :[
  • RobynLB
    RobynLB Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    I got bruises on my hips from sleeping, but that was when I was about 25 lbs under weight. I just slept on my back. I had really great posture from sleeping on my back.
  • shorty35565
    shorty35565 Posts: 1,425 Member
    Options
    I have the worst bones ever. But my Hips drive me crazy because they stick out. My hip bones protrude so much that if I try to lay on my side there's a good chance it will cause a ton of pain.

That didn't use to matter, because I was always a back sleeper, but now I'm much more comfortable on my side...except for when i'm having a bad day and the pain starts up. it's been happening more often than not. i don't know what to do, but it's affecting my sleep.

the part that sticks out that hurts is the very top of the bone on each side, next to my waist. does anyone else have a problem like this?

My ribs also stick out, but they don't cause me any pain or discomfort, they're just annoying.

Sounds like a hell of a problem, can't say I suffer from it. My problem is sleeping on the front side cuz my member sticks out too far and gets in the way, making it quite uncomfortable

LOL
  • ♥Amy♥
    ♥Amy♥ Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    I have the issue of my hips protruding and my knees hurting from rubbing together when I sleep on my side (only since I've lost the weight). It makes for some uncomfortable nights.
  • gretchentucker2012
    Options
    My hip bones hurt when I lay on a mat to do any side exercise. I thought it was just me doing the exercises wrong but I have really wide hips (42 inches) even when I am thin but they are boney at the widest part. Does anyone have any suggestions for Pilates exercises on the side to make this pain go away so I can do the exercise?
  • squirrelzzrule22
    squirrelzzrule22 Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    I have the worst bones ever. But my Hips drive me crazy because they stick out. My hip bones protrude so much that if I try to lay on my side there's a good chance it will cause a ton of pain.

That didn't use to matter, because I was always a back sleeper, but now I'm much more comfortable on my side...except for when i'm having a bad day and the pain starts up. it's been happening more often than not. i don't know what to do, but it's affecting my sleep.

the part that sticks out that hurts is the very top of the bone on each side, directly under and to the side of my waist. does anyone else have a problem like this?

My ribs also stick out, but they don't cause me any pain or discomfort, they're just annoying.

I have this problem on firm mattresses. I'm not super thin, but I have hips and they really hurt on a firm mattress. When I stick a nice cushy down mattress topper on a squishy memory foam mattress I have no issues :)
  • kamakazeekim
    kamakazeekim Posts: 1,183 Member
    Options
    I'd gladly share some of my baby bearing hips with you :tongue:
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    My hip bones hurt when I lay on a mat to do any side exercise. I thought it was just me doing the exercises wrong but I have really wide hips (42 inches) even when I am thin but they are boney at the widest part. Does anyone have any suggestions for Pilates exercises on the side to make this pain go away so I can do the exercise?

I would substitute a different exercise for the same muscles. For example, If you're laying on your side and lifting the upper leg up and down like a scissor- you can do that same movement standing up and use a resistance band around your ankle or a cable weight machine to do the same movement.

Or you could try rolling a towel up and adjusting it under you until you find a spot where it doesn't hurt.
  • ffargynnig
    ffargynnig Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I have the same issue, I barely sleep a night without a pillow between my knees.
  • Nutella91
    Nutella91 Posts: 624 Member
    Options

the part that sticks out that hurts is the very top of the bone on each side, directly under and to the side of my waist. does anyone else have a problem like this?

i hear ya sister