Green Tea?

Options
Does it really help burn fat?

Replies

• HonestOmnivore
    HonestOmnivore Posts: 1,356 Member
    Options
    I drink green tea all day long. I buy it bulk and have at LEAST 8 cups a day! I do NOT have the kind of body anyone would ever PAY to get LOL!!!!

I've lost 20+ pounds but only after dieting and exercise (here at MFP) I've been drinking the green tea since 2006. I would say NO. Not so much.

Drink it if you like it (I drink Stash Green Chai and I LOVE IT) but don't expect much other than knowing it's good for you.
  • prettyface257
    Options
    Hi, I liked your goals...I'm about 189 right now and my end target matches yours....and best of all....we share a birthday!!!

Danielle
  • Chenoachem
    Chenoachem Posts: 1,758 Member
    Options
    1) Green tea revs up your metabolism
    2) Green tea inhibits fat absorption and helps glucose regulation
    3) Green tea may help reduce appetite
    4) Green tea can help you save calories on your morning brew.

Experts vary, but the general consensus seems to be that 3 – 5 cups of green tea per day is optimal. Doing this can help you burn an extra 70 calories per day which amounts to 7 pounds per year. Pretty good for not exercising or cutting calories, right?

Source: Green Tea Boosts Metabolic Weight Loss by Kathryn O'Neill
  • HonestOmnivore
    HonestOmnivore Posts: 1,356 Member
    Options
    We make a gallon jug of green chai tea (Stash brand) and add a few Chamomile tea bags (slows sugar absorption for diabetics) in our refrigerator. We add sweetener to it when we drink it and it's good over ice or heated up- it's our primary beverage. Keeping it made and ready makes it easy!