Dressed, think I am getting there. Naked, see no change

Options
2»

Replies

• TeachTheGirl
    TeachTheGirl Posts: 2,091 Member
    Options
    Yes! Oh my gosh, yes.

I absolutely hate the way I look naked, but I am able to tolerate myself clothed. My husband keeps saying I'm being too hard on myself, but when I see my imperfections, the source of the body insecurities, I just wanna hide under layers. :<
  • castell5
    castell5 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Just about every 12 pounds you will drop a clothing size, it will get worse (nude) before it gets better. You will start to see the weight loss and with it, the saggy skin and as I did, say to yourself, "Jeeze I looked better fat, then I do with this elephant skin" But it doesn't stay that way as long as you aren't losing really fast. If you lose 2 - 3 lbs a week, in a few short months, you are going to start getting very happy with your clothed or nude view of yourself.
    Give it 7-8 more weeks. You'll be down another size and you will start to see results and feel happier. Don't QUIT! Don't!
  • fitQueenbeast
    Options
    TAKE PICS!! so important!

personaly i notice a huge difference in myself every day especially after publishing my fat pics on MFP!

I agree. Pictures are the proof in the pudding! I didn't believe it until I saw my pictures. Oh, and stop being so hard on yourself! :-)
  • fitQueenbeast
    Options
    Just about every 12 pounds you will drop a clothing size, it will get worse (nude) before it gets better. You will start to see the weight loss and with it, the saggy skin and as I did, say to yourself, "Jeeze I looked better fat, then I do with this elephant skin" But it doesn't stay that way as long as you aren't losing really fast. If you lose 2 - 3 lbs a week, in a few short months, you are going to start getting very happy with your clothed or nude view of yourself.
    Give it 7-8 more weeks. You'll be down another size and you will start to see results and feel happier. Don't QUIT! Don't!

Learn something new everyday! Thanks for sharing this!
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    The way clothes actually fit is definitely a better indicator than what your eyes see. In fact, when I hit goal I plan to toss everything with elastic in it out and wear only snug fitting clothes (except when I exercise). Because I have never been able to see when I'm gaining weight, either. My clothes will have to be the canary in the coal mine and warn me that I'm overdoing the eating.
  • gimmegimmemoar
    gimmegimmemoar Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I am feeling the SAME way! But my clothes are feeling looser by the week... And I am mentally feeling so much better knowing I am on track so keep up with that mindset! Not many people (hopefully) are seeing you naked anyway :P