Expat in Dubai

Trying to use myfitnesspal again after a rather long hiatus. Anyone else in similar situation? Bit harder here! Any other DBX dwellers?

Replies

• Hi Victoria! It's only 3 weeks back that I've used myfitnesspal and trying to work on it. Yeah, you can say it is hard. I'm in AUH by the way.
  • tas3980
    tas3980 Posts: 93 Member
    Not had a hiatus since I started but thought I'd shout out as a dweller of Abu Dhabi :smile:

There are so many reasons why trying to be healthy here is hard but adapting to the situation all the same. The one that 'frustrates' me the most is that you prepare a meal plan for the week and then when you get to the shops, they aren't stocking half the items, but they were last week!

All the best with your journey! :happy:
  • victoriawil
    victoriawil Posts: 21 Member
    Thanks both! Get a bit stuck with veg here, as the shops near where I live have mainly wrinkly old veg which I won't touch, or stuff 've not heard of, which means I'm mainly ordering food to get veggies in. Terrible strategy really. I'm still new, so will get better at choosing. Having a car will definitely make life easier!
  • NaoNao79
    NaoNao79 Posts: 1 Member
    Hi There- I'm a fellow ex pat as well, in the Philippines. After a couple years of eating willy nilly, I finally took matters into my own hands and signed up with a food delivery service. It's a bit expensive, but I see it as an investment in my health. Getting fresh veg and fruit of the quality I was used to was my biggest challenge, followed by lack of kitchen facilities (I live in a hotel full time). Ordering food sometimes seems like "cheating" but you know what? Being healthy doesn't have to mean being chained to the grocery store lines or the stove top. I say order away! :smile:
  • victoriawil
    victoriawil Posts: 21 Member
    I like this idea - I'd looked at doing something like this: http://www.kcalhealthyfastfood.com/ in the new year, but I have this nagging feeling in my mind like I should be doing it by myself! But that's entirely on me...