What do your meals look like (show me pictures)....

Options

Replies

• PAPYRUS3
    PAPYRUS3 Posts: 13,259 Member
    Options
    crazyravr wrote: »
    PAPYRUS3 wrote: »
    Ohhh yes and a stack of protein pancakes for after dinner evening snack. 200cal and 24g protein. Nice.

jrxd4evydsv5.jpg

Wow...all that for 200 calories? Is it yogurt on top and did you use your 'doughnut' recipe for the pancakes?

Just the pancakes.
    Topping is Walden Farms walnut pancake syrup and coconut cool whip. Total as pictured and devoured would be 230 :)

ohhhh and used this. Very good.
    ButtermilkRendering_2048x.png?v=1550599519

Thanks for the info
  • amfmmama
    amfmmama Posts: 1,420 Member
    Options
    acpgee wrote: »
    Grilled iceberg lettuce, cherry tomatoes and ranch. Linguine carbonara made with home cured duck prosciutto. I am cooking my effortless dinner party menu for company in a few weeks of Bagna Cauda (5 minutes), carbonara (10 minutes) and almond macaroons (15 minutes) dipped in amaretto to use up leftover egg white from the carbonara. One of the guys coming for dinner doesn’t eat pork so experimenting with pancetta alternatives for the carbonara.
    h65dr7dtxl1w.jpeg
    rkhd6j6dy978.jpeg

grilled ice berg! interesting... would love your carbonara recipe !
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,622 Member
    Options
    amfmmama wrote: »
    Grilled iceberg lettuce, cherry tomatoes and ranch. Linguine carbonara made with home cured duck prosciutto. I am cooking my effortless dinner party menu for company in a few weeks of Bagna Cauda (5 minutes), carbonara (10 minutes) and almond macaroons (15 minutes) dipped in amaretto to use up leftover egg white from the carbonara. One of the guys coming for dinner doesn’t eat pork so experimenting with pancetta alternatives for the carbonara.

grilled ice berg! interesting... would love your carbonara recipe !

This is the carbonara recipe I use.
    https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/wordofmouth/2012/may/10/how-to-cook-perfect-spaghetti-carbonara

If you want to replace pancetta with duck bacon because someone doesn't eat pork, here is a method for curing the duck. I deviate from the recipe by throwing everything into a ziplock bag and using cheaper legs if it going to be diced up for carbonara
    https://www.greatbritishchefs.com/how-to-cook/how-to-cure-duck

If you need duck prosciutto in neat slices for a charcuterie board, use breasts and also dry it afterwards. I normally cure 48 hours and use a dehydrator for 10 hours with no heat afterwards. But you can also hang in the refrigerator. Am currently experimenting with hanging for two weeks in the refrigerator to compare taste of slower drying. Will hack the hanging by just placing duck in a wire basket over a bowl in such a way that air can circulate around the meat.
    https://honest-food.net/duck-prosciutto-recipe/

• acpgee
    Options
    Grilled iceberg wedge with ranch dressing. Lemon risotto with mint and sage.
    3g3csq5kjpix.jpeg
    sechpader5la.jpeg

• acpgee
    Options
    Lamb stew, garlic sauteed spinach, ranch mash.
    092jaohgtyto.jpeg
  • acpgee
    Options
    Cambodian beef lok lak is a meal where I don’t miss not having a starchy side.
    9gwnycm8zqct.jpeg

• kilobykilo
    kilobykilo Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    Grilled lettuce is something new I learnt today!
  • kilobykilo
    kilobykilo Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    Dinner was pork chop, mushroom, savoy cabbage and pepper sauce
  • acpgee
    Options
    Dinner out at Salt Yard, a tapas restaurant in London. Tapas for 3 not particularly hungry people. Salt cod brandade, truffle mac and cheese, steak tartare with pickled mushrooms, grilled bavette with caramelized cauliflower and sauteed brussel tops, grilled chicken thigh with salsify and dehydrated apricot shavings, confit of pork belly on chickpea and pancetta stew.
    mqxgddhwebb0.jpeg
    kturnng61cjk.jpeg
    oqzgdumljnmq.jpeg
    vbkijl7qult1.jpeg
    fexy3x6q025u.jpeg
    rkqck4ox96cw.jpeg

• guil0095
    guil0095 Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Asian slaw with tofu, edamame means and sesame ginger dressing. :)
    mjtw4kzcqmc9.jpg
  • JL2513
    JL2513 Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    45v3ubv60d3h.jpg
    fm4h9wn9oa61.jpg
    j7vqkky5mtpi.jpg
    m0kz1rj4k7j9.jpg
    fj9xm1zfcqim.jpg
    xsdj392yw06t.jpg
    jflourjvrpul.jpg
    r49tz8b00yi7.jpg
    9zsau1aui62d.jpg
    wmf6yb4lstdn.jpg

• purplefizzy
    purplefizzy Posts: 594 Member
    Options

recipe request :)
  • acpgee
    Options

recipe request :)

Grilled lettuce:
    Halve or quarter firm lettuce such as baby gem, iceberg, radicchio, romaine hearts, or Belgian endive. Drizzle olive oil on cut sides and grill on a very hot cast iron griddle pan until edges are charred. Serve with ranch, blue cheese dressing, or just a drizzle of balsamico. Good in the summer on an outdoor BBQ so that you have something to eat right away while you wait for meat to cook.

My super effortless Italian dinner party menu is this:

Bagna Cauda (5 minutes plus washing and cutting up crudités in advance)
    I usually double the garlic.
    https://www.saveur.com/article/recipes/marcella-hazans-bagna-cauda-anchovy-and-garlic-dip

Carbonara: (10 minutes while the pasta is cooking)
    I use this recipe, with one egg and one or two yolks for two people. I normally just use streaky bacon instead of harder to find pancetta.
    https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/wordofmouth/2012/may/10/how-to-cook-perfect-spaghetti-carbonara.

If you need a version for people who don't eat pork here are instructions for curing duck bacon. I put everything in a ziplock bag and normally cure 48 hours. If I am just going to mince it up for carbonara (so it doesn't have to slice neatly) I use cheaper duck legs instead of breasts.
    https://www.greatbritishchefs.com/how-to-cook/how-to-cure-duck

Bitterkoekjes (15 minutes including 10 minutes baking time)
    Bitterkoekjes or dutch almond macaroons are a good way to use up the leftover egg whites from the carbonara. Recipe is in dutch but watch the video to get an idea of how quick and easy this is. Blitz 150 g each of flaked almonds and confectionary sugar, two egg whites, and a teaspoon of optional almond extract in the food processor. Pop into a ziplock bag. Cut off a corner and pipe 1 inch nipples onto a cookie sheet lined with silicon paper. Bake at 190C for 10 minutes. Serve as a dessert by dipping into shot glasses of amaretto.
    https://www.24kitchen.nl/recepten/bitterkoekjes
  • purplefizzy
    purplefizzy Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    insert awesome specifics here - yum!

Thank you!!
    I stalk you a little in the least creepy way possible, and really appreciate your attention to prep methods and from-scratch-isms.

Thanks for taking the time to share those details. It wasn’t wasted - I will definitely use the resources. And I LOVE the Dutch. I worked for an Amsterdam-based company for a while, really loved the high quality dairy and the frank straightforward communication style.
  • istvankiss998
    istvankiss998 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    274g of white rice
    292g of chicken breast
    197g of frozen veggies
    This was my biggest meal of the day
  • acpgee
    Options
    Crudites dipped in ranch. Typical old fashioned dutch meal of (boerenkool stampot met worst)=(kale mash with smoked sausage).
    4tahrqz1b1dp.jpeg
    z65wk7nxroao.jpeg

• Anna022119
    Anna022119 Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    Ohhh boerenkool stamppot! Yum.
  • acpgee
    Options
    More dutch food nostalgia. Broodje filet americain=sandwich with raw beef tartar spread.
    u2x30v1lfcaz.jpeg
  • Anna022119
    Anna022119 Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    Fish tacos with mango avocado salsa and quick slaw.
    iaudgrcfbkzn.jpg
    More dutch food nostalgia. Broodje filet americain=sandwich with raw beef tartar spread.
    u2x30v1lfcaz.jpeg

Two favourites!
    You guys rock!
  • Ree13x
    Ree13x Posts: 46 Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    peji2cxujltw.png

This was breakfast :smile:
    This thread is awesome because I literally just yesterday started saving my meals to Instagram and I'm seeing so much inspiration here!

[edited by MFP mods]