Last 10lbs Group - March Challenges

Options

Replies

• lvfunandfit
    lvfunandfit Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    My shoes & orthotics are IN!!!!!!!!!

I'm sooo freakin excited!!! I'm picking them up tonight and I will be booking an appt with the gym for next week (when I'm 100% better) YAY ME!!!! :drinker:

Woo Hoo!!! very excited for you!
  • kath711
    kath711 Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    Okay, I've got to tell everyone about my new challenge. I've not really replied much to the water and exercise challenges because I really don't have problems with either of those. But I found out about the situps challenge from another thread I'm on, and I did the initial test last night. I'm excited to see my progress as my mid section needs some work! For anyone else interested in doing this with me, here's the link:
    www.twohundredsitups.com

Let me know! I'd love to have some people to be accountable to!

That's a great idea! On the site they have two hunderd squats, twenty-five pull ups or hundred push ups challenges too! All look great!

Looked at the site tonight. Gonna try to initial tomorrow and give it a shot. Thanks for the idea!
  • ellipse22
    ellipse22 Posts: 137
    Options
    Today is weigh in day for most of us...I'll be back later to check on posts!!

Down 2lbs (probably from being sick) and I'm sitting at 136lbs. 6 more to go!!!!!!!!
  • SarahJoy_79
    SarahJoy_79 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Weigh in day for me.....no change...still stuck at 135. I think I need to change up my workout routine next week to shake things up so I can get these last 7 pounds off!
  • questionablemethods
    questionablemethods Posts: 2,174 Member
    Options
    Ugh! I'm only down .2 lbs since last week. I was really hoping for more since I have been SO good with my eating and exercise. But I guess this is what I get for having my calories set to lose only .5 lbs/week. I also took my measurements. I figure that the scale might be moving slowly, but I need to start keeping track of other things. I know that my clothes are fitting better, so change is happening.
  • Gogo
    Gogo Posts: 9,942 Member
    Options
    Morning All,

I weighed this morning and had to resign myself to the fact that I actually gained this week.....can't blame it on TOM anymore. :frown: So I am up to 156.2 from 155.0 two weeks ago. I changed my ticker to reflect the gain also. :sad:

Hopefully next week I will be back to 155 or lower.....

E
  • amboardman
    amboardman Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Okay, I've got to tell everyone about my new challenge. I've not really replied much to the water and exercise challenges because I really don't have problems with either of those. But I found out about the situps challenge from another thread I'm on, and I did the initial test last night. I'm excited to see my progress as my mid section needs some work! For anyone else interested in doing this with me, here's the link:
    www.twohundredsitups.com

Let me know! I'd love to have some people to be accountable to!

That's a great idea! On the site they have two hunderd squats, twenty-five pull ups or hundred push ups challenges too! All look great!

I started the situps and pushups challenges last night. I actually skipped to week 3 on the situps challenge because of the results of my initial test (that's what the program told me to do) and did day 1 last night. It was tougher than I thought to do 5 sets of situps. Since I have NO upper body strength, I got to start with week 1 (column 1) for the pushups challenge. I actually did 4 pushups on the last set...not much, I know, but for me, that's great!! I'll let you know how the challenges progress. It is set up to do the challenge 3 times a week, so I'll do it tonight and tomorrow or Saturday to get caught up for this week, then I'll move to Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. It's not too late to join me!!
  • Hoosiermomma
    Hoosiermomma Posts: 877 Member
    Options
    My shoes & orthotics are IN!!!!!!!!!

I'm sooo freakin excited!!! I'm picking them up tonight and I will be booking an appt with the gym for next week (when I'm 100% better) YAY ME!!!! :drinker:

You have waited so long!! really excited for you!

I have been doing good at the water, not great at all with the exercise. :ohwell: I am thinking about picking up the push-up challenge. I started it a few times. It might be a good way to kick start my exercise!

Tomorrow i weigh. I will be surprised to see a drop, but we'll see...
  • ellipse22
    Options
    I haven't had a chance to look at the website but maybe the site will help us with our exercise challenge...any thoughts?

I'm not 100% just yet (suspect I have Norwalk) and I'm hoping to start on Monday!
  • candicelyna
    Options
    For me this is eating nearly exclusively from the top two tiers of Michi's Ladder ( http://www.beachbody.com/category/michis_ladder.do ) but allowing myself two squares of dark chocolate after dinner each night. (

Oh my goodness I love this list! I just printed it out and my goal is to not eat at all from the bottom 2. (except I have this horrible diet coke addiction and am in no way ready to give that up!)

I have those last 10-15 pounds to lose... they've creeped on since I graduated college (and stopped dance classes) and I'm tired of it... time to get it off and keep it off!
  • ellipse22
    Options
    So it turns out I'm not that well after all. Although I've felt better I'm still sick. After another horrible day my husband has urged me to call the doctor. I have an appt. tomorrow afternoon......I just want to feel 100% again!!!
  • hepkitty
    hepkitty Posts: 133
    Options
    Hey count me in for the situps challenge...I will try to do the initial test this weekend and let you guys know how I go!
  • amboardman
    Options
    Day 2 of the situps and pushups challenges down! I decided to modify the pushups (on my knees) and work up to regular pushups. So far so good!!
  • Hoosiermomma
    Hoosiermomma Posts: 877 Member
    Options
    Friday weigh-in .... and I am down .4 of a pound :laugh: I'm good with that, considering I was not exercising.. :frown: 138.9

Did well with water all week and will start the push-ups on Monday Going to work out these last couple days of the week and start fresh on Monday!

Ellipse - this yuckiness has been around too long!! Hope you can figure it out and mend soon!! :flowerforyou:

Have a great weekend all!
  • whyflysouth
    whyflysouth Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    I'm in this group I guess. I've got 9lbs left, but darn it's been hard to get rid of! I was eating at 1200 for a month and lost allot of weight at first but then hit the wall for the 2 weeks afterwards and so I figured I'm starving myself and decided to up the calories. I'm not feeling so good about eating more (feeling like I'm eating too much), but I'm looking for some way to get rid of these last pounds.
  • amboardman
    Options
    Weigh-in day for me! 158.6--down from 160 last week. I'll take it!
  • kath711
    kath711 Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    Stayed exactly the same as last week, I think I have hit a plateau. Gonna try the sit up challenge to see if that helps get past this.

Have a great weekend!
  • Dom_m
    Dom_m Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Weigh in day again. I actually put a bit on today (you can see my profile picture shows a drop in "weight lost", the blue line). But it doesn't bother me - I weigh myself every day, and I'm quite sure that's a 1 day fluctuation. If its still there in 3 days I'll panic.

BUT, I've been basically stuck at the same weight for 21 days straight (including the 2 days when I actually was heavier). It doesn't really bother me, because I can see my cumulative calorie deficit is only now starting to catch up to my cumulative weight loss, so I wasn't really expecting more weight loss (I actually feel like I banked some weight loss early, and only just managed to finally "earn it"), but if the calorie deficit keeps going up (it will) and passes my weight loss without any movement on the scales, then I'll start to be frustrated. I think this week will be the week.

Fingers crossed it happens the same way as last time when I lost nearly 7 lb in 2 days. That'd pretty much take me to my target :)
  • 10more
    10more Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Friday's weigh in was 123.8 down .4 pound. 8.8 pounds to go...
  • ellipse22
    Options
    I'm feeling 100% better and I'm ready to get back on track!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry I've been MIA....congrats to the losers this week!!!!!