New Member - need motivation!!

Options
I'm a new member who needs to kick my sugar addiction! Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Replies

• stanluoser
    Options
    Cut Soda is a good start. Try to start out slow, change one bad habit a week, first week cut soda, second week cut candy. I'm not sure what you eat but that would be an example.
  • mamababy2012
    Options
    HI I just joined as well .. and I really need to kick my sugar addiction. I'm 4 months post delivery .. so it's been a bit of a struggle weight wise .. I gained 20kgs . I need motivation to eat healthier.
  • Mark4Fitness
    Mark4Fitness Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hi and welcome! I would suggest that you use this site to it's fullest potential paying particular attention to the food journal. Simply having the accountability of logging your food intake helps as you see the calories increase as you enter. Do you exercise and keep busy? I am in recovery (not for food addiction) and I find exercise and keeping busy certainly helped with cravings when I used to get them. Sugars, including baked goods, chips, sodas, ice cream...etc are best avoided in my house - my wife was obese so we keep that stuff away much like I do not keep alcohol in my home. One of the keys to being successful in long term weight management is to find ways to substitute healthy choices for the poor food choices. Food choices that you can live with for the long haul! Sure the all cabbage diet will help you lose weight but who wants to eat that way! There are plenty Another trick is keep to the outsides of the supermarket when shopping - the middle aisles often have the junk food so avoid them. Usually the fruits, vegetables, fresh meats and dairy reside on the outskirts. I don't go to bars when I want a soft drink... The stuff I want to avoid is there so why do I need to go there? Hope you keep reaching out and good luck to you!
    Mark