• yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,784 Member
    Options
    GI GO

thanks for the article.
  • moidyn
    moidyn Posts: 112
    Options
    I am sending this out to all my dieting friends...Thank!!
  • cegeland
    cegeland Posts: 25
    Options
    Good article...thanks for sharing.
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    Great article.

Everytime they advertise these products on The Biggest Loser (why oh, why don't I just stop watching?) I want to barf.

Low cal crap is still crap! I'm not opposed to treats, but a tiny bag of refined flour and sugar is still not health food!

(Oh my, I nearly started ranting.):flowerforyou:
  • may_marie
    may_marie Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    Thanks for that !!!

i say we should all go natural. out with the junk and in with fresh REAL food.
    ok with things like rice, some cereals, pasta, bread ect.. but all very carefully chosen,

That is what i meant when i decided to change my eating habit and lifestyle.

Anybody else has made that commitment has well ??
    we could share tricks and advice !

may
  • rheston
    rheston Posts: 638
    Options
    There's nothing like whole milk, full fat sour cream, cream and regular ol' butter -- all in moderation. I don't go down the low cal line if I can help it except maybe in salad dressings.
  • astridfeline
    astridfeline Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    I agree. I would rather have a product w/out all the chemicals even if it has more calories. They are more satisfying to the stomach and gratifying to the tastebuds! I prefer to eat lowfat foods, as opposed non-fat versions that often have added sugar in place of the fat.
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    There's nothing like whole milk, full fat sour cream, cream and regular ol' butter -- all in moderation. I don't go down the low cal line if I can help it except maybe in salad dressings.

Preach it!
    I have tried all the fake-fat stuff, and there is no satisfaction in them. Moderation and enjoyment is the key!
  • banks1850
    banks1850 Posts: 3,475 Member
    Options
    Blah, I say, eat your calories, make sure you get the portions you need,
    eat your veggies, eat your dairy, eat your protein, eat your fruits, eat your grains,
    if you eat the right amount of each of these a day and still have calories left over
    do whatever you want with them. That's what I do, I don't go over calories (not usually)
    but I also don't eat a ton of crap all day. I have some snacks here and there,
    some of them are brutally bad for you, but I know that they are extras, they aren't
    replacing anything in my diet, they are just left over calories, I treat em as a reward
    for being a good little doobie with my food for the day. And I know that I can have
    1/2 a small bag of doritos and stop too. If you can't then DON'T tempt yourself!
    Just my two cents.:tongue:
  • ali106
    ali106 Posts: 3,754 Member
    Options
    :drinker: awesome article! I agree!!!!!!
  • elliott062907
    elliott062907 Posts: 1,508 Member
    Options
    Oh man, whole foods are so much better then items that have added sugars and the "just go from the freezer to the pan", I know they are bit more pricy, but they are so much better for you and leave you satisfied.

Back in the day, I used to buy lite, fat free stuff, and I actually gained and stalled!!!
    Then I read a article about whole foods and it did the trick!