a hypoglycimic breastfeeding mother needs help with calories

I'm 28yrs old, severly hypoglycimic and breastfeeding a 3month old who nurses A LOT. I currently weigh 201, I've already lost 50lbs before joining this site,although a lot of them were baby weight lol.I want to lose 40 more. Anyways with being hypoglycimic and nursing how many calories do you think I need a day?

Replies

• AlabasterVerve
    AlabasterVerve Posts: 3,171 Member
    All of them. If you're breastfeeding I'd think you should be eating at maintenance and not dieting at all -- you definitely should get your doctors input on this.
  • Chief_Rocka
    Chief_Rocka Posts: 4,710 Member
    6. THE WEBSITE DOES NOT PROVIDE PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL SERVICES OR ADVICE; NO DOCTOR-PATIENT RELATIONSHIP

MyFitnessPal provides the Website and Services for informational purposes only. THE WEBSITE AND SERVICES DOES NOT CONTAIN OR CONSTITUTE, AND SHOULD NOT BE INTERPRETED AS, MEDICAL ADVICE OR OPINION. MyFitnessPal is not a medical professional, and MyFitnessPal does not provide medical services or render medical advice. The Website and Services are not a substitute for the advice of a medical professional, and the information made available on or through the Website and Services should not be relied upon when making medical decisions, or to diagnose or treat a medical or health condition. If you require medical advice or services, You should consult a medical professional. YOUR USE OF THE WEBSITE DOES NOT CREATE A DOCTOR-PATIENT RELATIONSHIP BETWEEN YOU AND MYFITNESSPAL.

YOU HEREBY AGREE THAT, BEFORE USING THE WEBSITE AND SERVICES, YOU SHALL CONSULT YOUR PHYSICIAN, PARTICULARLY IF YOU ARE AT RISK FOR PROBLEMS RESULTING FROM EXERCISE OR CHANGES IN YOUR DIET.
  • _Elemenopee_
    _Elemenopee_ Posts: 2,665 Member
    ^^What he said.
  • DontStopB_Leakin
    DontStopB_Leakin Posts: 3,863 Member
    Good God.

TALK

TO

YOUR

DOCTOR
  • dahkneeka
    dahkneeka Posts: 163 Member
    I definately agree that you should be eating at maintenace or slightly more, and most importantly, really good, nutrient packed foods.
    I do also agree, that with your condition you should speak to your Doctor, as he/she will have an accurate medical history and be able to advise the best.
    Best of luck, and congrats on your new baby!!
  • cloza12
    cloza12 Posts: 68 Member
    This is something you need to talk to a lactation nurse or call La Leche League.

An average woman needs 1,700 to 2,300 calories per day to maintain current weight. To lose weight while breast-feeding, simply eating your normal allotment of calories through healthy meals will result in a calorie deficit. With the calorie loss from breast-feeding alone, you should shed pounds without sacrificing your milk supply.

Read more: http://www.livestrong.com/article/538229-how-many-calories-should-i-eat-to-lose-weight-while-i-am-nursing/#ixzz2FVrrumNS
  • JBuehrer1
    JBuehrer1 Posts: 23 Member
    You should speak to your doctor, and I am not a doctor....That being said, from what I remember in nursing school (btw I'm not an OB nurse either) you need 300 calories more than what your body needs usually when you are pregnant or breastfeeding!
    I was always hungry when I was breastfeeding my two girls. Try to eat a protein with a carb and not junk (I ate a lot of junk because I was so hungry and tired and because of that I gained most of my weight after my pregnancies!) Protein helps keep you from having so many highs and lows.
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Every damn day! SMH
  • Chief_Rocka
    Chief_Rocka Posts: 4,710 Member
    La Leche League.

They should make this into a superhero cartoon
  • Pixi_Rex
    Pixi_Rex Posts: 1,676 Member
    Doctors are always a good choice.