HULU vs. Amazon

Options
wwk10
wwk10 Posts: 244 Member
We cancelled cable last year and are happy with the decision.
We use rabbit ears and Netflix streaming now.

I want to supplement Netflix and am trying to decide between HULU and Amazon.

Any thoughts?

Replies

• zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,136 Member
    Options
    I'd go with Hulu if I lived in the U.S..
  • corn63
    corn63 Posts: 1,580 Member
    Options
    HULU Plus. We love it. We just have Hulu Plus and a mediacenter to coordinate it all.
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options
    Definitely Hulu Plus. That way you can keep current on tv shows. That with Netflix is all you need.
  • wwk10
    Options
    Amazon gives you free 48 hour shipping, but I agree I think HULU is the choice.
    HULU seems to supplement TV shows as stated.
    I dont see any AMC shows.
    Breaking Bad, Walking Dead.
    Any sources for those without cable?
  • corn63
    Options

Not that are legal.
  • tomomatic
    tomomatic Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    I like Amazon because it works on all my devices. Plus the free two-day shipping is really handy.
  • HeelsAndBoxingGloves
    Options

You can buy the current episode the day after it airs through Amazon instant video for $1.99
  • PriceK01
    PriceK01 Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    I'm an Amazon Prime member, simply for the free shipping (I do most of my shopping online). Now that I'm using the streaming feature on my Roku, along with lots of other free channels, I see no need for Netflix or Hulu.
  • HeelsAndBoxingGloves
    Options
    We have bunny ears, Netflix, and I do blockbuster by mail *yes they are still in business lol!* We us Amazon Instant Video to get our Walking Dead fix. I tried Hulu Plus but was disappointed that it carried different shows then normal Hulu - all the shows I like are on Hulu which can only be streamed on a computer, not through a device like Hulu Plus shows. Unless they've changed something in the last year?
  • corn63
    Options
    We have bunny ears, Netflix, and I do blockbuster by mail *yes they are still in business lol!* We us Amazon Instant Video to get our Walking Dead fix. I tried Hulu Plus but was disappointed that it carried different shows then normal Hulu - all the shows I like are on Hulu which can only be streamed on a computer, not through a device like Hulu Plus shows. Unless they've changed something in the last year?

We use Hulu on our downstairs TV and then HuluPlus in our upstairs/bedroom TV. You don't necessarily have to use the same Hulu account on all of your TVs. It can be a headache, but so far, no issues for us.
  • wwk10
    Options
    I didnt realise HULU had shows HULU PLUS does not.
    Odd.

I can stream free HULU (not HULU plus) thru an old laptop with a wireless keyboard to act as my remote.

I also did not know you could buy a season pass on Amazon.

Thanks for all the info