within 5 weeks

Options
what the heck i lo0ve this within five week thing mine is totally off, i have been going to the gym and watching what i eat and still not losing a pound... maybe i am losing inches i dont know because i haven't measured myself BUT i don't care about inches i want pounds gone begone far away:sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: so any suggestions???

Replies

• flammer5
    Options
    You and me both! I joined a 10-week Total Body Shaping Class (kickboxing etc) 7 1/2 weeks ago and I go 5 days a week for 50 mins a day. I am very dedicated and work super hard at class. I eat 6 healthy meals a day and drink plenty of water. I went to weigh in a the 5 week mark and was so upset with the results. I gained (yep GAINED) 2 pounds, my thighs and hips stayed the same. I lost a 1/2 inch in my arms an 2.5 inches in my waist, but that is it... I continue to work out super hard and still eat the same.. I can tell that I am getting stronger and my muscles are getting bigger and hard as rocks, but I am not seeing the results I want to see. Very frustrating. I feel your pain!

Since I am in the same boat, I just wanted to vent with ya, lol (guess I am not one to give any advice on what works)

Good Luck
  • YogaRunner
    YogaRunner Posts: 652 Member
    Options
    I've had the same frustration. But, I have measured myself and find that when the scale does not move I get some solace from the measurements going down. Not sure if you measured yourself in the past to know how it compares to things now with all the hard work you are doing. If you did, you may find a pleasant surprise. For me, I started doing a weight training program at home 3 weeks ago and although the scale hasn't gone down, I did lose 3 inches from my hips and 1 from my waist! i went down a whole pant size! I'd be glad to tell you more about how I am doing it. Just send me a private message. I'd love to support your goals. :flowerforyou:
    Risa
  • YogaRunner
    Options
    Wow!! Five days a week for 50 minutes (plus whatever travel time to and from the gym?!) That's a herculean feat in itself just fitting it into your schedule! LOL
  • DeeDeeLHF
    DeeDeeLHF Posts: 2,301 Member
    Options
    Ladies thanks for the inspiration. I have not been losing either and recently made the decision to just focus on really healthy eating with nothing overly processed and all real food and to focus my excercise on weight training and core. I will still do the aerobic stuff but I am taking my focus off of the scale and turning it to a more internal of how do I feel. I want to be healthy more than skinny.
  • YogaRunner
    Options
    DeeDeeLHF - that's great mindset to have and keeps you focused on the long term lifestyle change that is needed to be healthy and strong. You go girl!
  • jenken99
    jenken99 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    thanks guys im gonna keep trying i am going to go buy a tape measure some time this weekend'
  • sara_m83
    sara_m83 Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    You and me both! I joined a 10-week Total Body Shaping Class (kickboxing etc) 7 1/2 weeks ago and I go 5 days a week for 50 mins a day. I am very dedicated and work super hard at class. I eat 6 healthy meals a day and drink plenty of water. I went to weigh in a the 5 week mark and was so upset with the results. I gained (yep GAINED) 2 pounds, my thighs and hips stayed the same. I lost a 1/2 inch in my arms an 2.5 inches in my waist, but that is it... I continue to work out super hard and still eat the same.. I can tell that I am getting stronger and my muscles are getting bigger and hard as rocks, but I am not seeing the results I want to see. Very frustrating. I feel your pain!

Since I am in the same boat, I just wanted to vent with ya, lol (guess I am not one to give any advice on what works)

Good Luck

2.5 inches from your waist! that's amazing! Keep in mind, what the scale says is just a number. If you're losing the fat and getting healthy, that's what the real goal should be. My own scale hasn't changed in 4 days, which I'm finding frustrating, but at my last measurement, all numbers were down, so I'm positive and keeping motivated to stick to the daily net calories.