Office Party Rant

Options
Tis that time of year for us "office workers" the dreaded holiday office party. We had ours yesterday & I'm so ticked off! Everyone brought in what they wanted & that's fine I have no issues with all the unhealthy stuff I just try to avoid it. So some wonderful person brought in a yummy lo cal chicken salsa dish & another a veggie platter so that's what I went for. Some nosey co-worker proceeds to say "it's only 1 day a year just eat" so my comment "no it's not 1 day, what about christmas eve/day new years eve/day, I'm just trying to keep it in check" I then go look @ the desserts she then says " Oh you'll never eat any of that" REALLY(I did alow myself 1 dessert cause I know how many calories there were in it) I felt like saying "hey don't come crying to me the 2nd week in january when your up 7 pounds" you know this type the one that starts a new diet every month then gives up cause it's too hard, the one that says "oh your so lucky your skinney... it aint luck it's hard freaking work! Whew I really needed to vent thanks all!!!

Replies

• WarriorCupcakeBlydnsr
    WarriorCupcakeBlydnsr Posts: 2,150 Member
    Options
    No worries, vent away, I think we're all going to be doing that these next few weeks
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    While I believe in indulging in moderation, ignore your co-worker. There is always going to be someone that is awkward and/or negative. Chances are that they don't even realize it.
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    *Pet Pet Pet* It'll be ok.
  • tashjs21
    tashjs21 Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    It makes her feel better about her crappy choices by trying to convince you to eat. Your response was perfect. :flowerforyou:

Those "it's just one day" is what has her in her spot. :wink:
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    Tis that time of year for us "office workers" the dreaded holiday office party. We had ours yesterday & I'm so ticked off! Everyone brought in what they wanted & that's fine I have no issues with all the unhealthy stuff I just try to avoid it. So some wonderful person brought in a yummy lo cal chicken salsa dish & another a veggie platter so that's what I went for. Some nosey co-worker proceeds to say "it's only 1 day a year just eat" so my comment "no it's not 1 day, what about christmas eve/day new years eve/day, I'm just trying to keep it in check" I then go look @ the desserts she then says " Oh you'll never eat any of that" REALLY(I did alow myself 1 dessert cause I know how many calories there were in it) I felt like saying "hey don't come crying to me the 2nd week in january when your up 7 pounds" you know this type the one that starts a new diet every month then gives up cause it's too hard, the one that says "oh your so lucky your skinney... it aint luck it's hard freaking work! Whew I really needed to vent thanks all!!!

Pat yourself on the back for knowing that you are much better then all those fatties that just eat whatever, with no regards to cals or macros
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    Those types of comments are people projecting their own insecurities on you. They're coming from the same place as "Don't lose any more weight, you're too skinny!" It's annoying, but you gotta do you. Just nod politely and move on, don't engage the behavior. It's about themselves, not you.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    I'm ticked off that our company CANCELLED our party this year. (on top of cutting everyone's hours for the last three months) I'm tempted to tear down the Christmas tree they put down in the lobby and replace it with a giant Grinch!