Exercising in 15 minute blocks

Options
Living in Australia the weather today is expected to be 38C and really too hot to do much exercise outside. When I am on the treadmill I have the air conditioner on and also a portable fan to keep cool.

Been on the treadmill 3rd day in a row today. Its easier (and I don't pass out from heat exhaustion) to exercise in 15 minute blocks. Does anyone know if this is really beneficial, you know by the time I start and get into it, the treadmill is slowing down. I try to walk at quite a fast pace, and out of the 15 minutes I jog for as much as I can do (today I did 3 minutes jogging). So I usually do 15 minutes before work or at the start of the day, then 15 minutes when I am home from work or after my evening meal.

I really aim to up my times each week so next week I will start doing 20 minutes each block.

Replies

• CinthyNair
    Options
    You could also do intervals on the treadmill. For example, up the incline for a 1 minute, then drop it back down to normal. Alternate this. Else, you can also include changing the speed as you up and down the incline. This way, you will get a more quality work out for the 15 mins you spend :)