New member - new ipod

Options
I'm new to the site. Downloaded the app onto ipod but find it easier to log my activity on a daily basis with the keyboard so I was glad to see the web option. Looking forward to shedding about 25 pounds. My biggest problem area is eating at work without even thinking about it - its a habit. Plus people bring goodies all the time so they are all over So if anyone wants to share any words of wisdom, feel free.

:smile:

Replies

• HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Welcome to the site Nancy, glad you're here:happy:
  • lilchino4af
    lilchino4af Posts: 1,292 Member
    Options
    I make sure my water bottle always has water so I can drink plenty (keeps me full!) and I chew gum when i'm craving sweets. Low cal, great flavors and no guilt!
  • xonophone
    xonophone Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I also found this through the ipod app in December, and am hooked to the website as well! Same goal - it started out as a 20 pound-loss goal, but after seeing how easy it was to shed the first 15 I changed it to a 25 pound-loss goal. Problem is my body seems to now enjoy this weight, so the last 10 are being very stubborn. :grumble: Anway, good luck to you! Have fun perusing the boards, you will find a wealth of information on them!
  • ebkins7
    ebkins7 Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    There's an app for the IPod... or do you mean the iPhone? Cause that would be great if there was something for my iPod!!!
  • kmcrone
    Options
    I'm pretty sure the app is just for IPhones and Ipod touches.
  • lovetodance
    Options
    I have the same problem of eating at work. I have found that if I eat a filling breakfast like oatmeal I am not quite so tempted. to partake in the goodies. Someone brought brownies this week and I saved it for my grandson. :smooched: I kept it out of my sight or I might have been tempted to eat it. :devil:
    I hope that you enjoy this site as much as I do. I believe it has helped me keep up with the calories that I have consumed as well as the exercise that I have done. The contact with others who share my dilemma (of thinking I am eating like I am in my 20s or 30s) helps tremendously.
    Good luck with your efforts!
  • mikebot
    Options
    Yes I too found the app first - the app is for iPhone or iPod Touch
  • meljo
    meljo Posts: 2
    Options
    I'm new to the site. A friend refered it to me and I began my journey to loss 20 lbs yesterday. I want to get into the new bathing suit I bought for the coming summer.