Options
    I have a flatiron from FHI that i LOVE!
  • AmberLee2012
    Options
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTduBYwVZVkPmDLKaCBIdouhaZegxMnpzVsYdi1ITJGd8JLAA_Cvw
  • PixieGoddess
    PixieGoddess Posts: 1,833 Member
    Options
    I don't know my brand off the top of my head, but just getting a wider one cut my time in half! Your picture looks like it's about a 1" plate, so try going for a 3" instead. Good luck! :)
  • gotogirl81
    gotogirl81 Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    GHD or Sedu.

being a hair stylist I recommend these brands.

also if you have an Ulta Store near you they have a 20% of coupon going on now that you can use on irons.
  • GoldenGirl1979
    GoldenGirl1979 Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    omg, that pic is hilarious :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

i love my FHI heat (w/the red plates)
  • trojanbb
    trojanbb Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options
    I love my 1" but don't know the name. 450 and heats up instantly.

not kidding either.
  • kimad
    kimad Posts: 3,010 Member
    Options
    I have used CHI and FHI, both good.
  • tmarie2715
    tmarie2715 Posts: 1,111 Member
    Options
    I can't believe no one has mentioned the T3 irons. Stop looking and buy one of these:

http://www.sephora.com/singlepass-professional-straightening-styling-iron-P257526
  • AddieOverhaul
    AddieOverhaul Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    I have a red devil one that works great. I find that the cheap ones just don't work well. Mine goes up to 400 degrees, and it is so much faster than the cheaper ones I had before. And yes it is ceramic.
  • Louisianababy93
    Louisianababy93 Posts: 1,709 Member
    Options
    and if you dont want to spend the money on a chi.. GVP is the knock-off chi version,it works just as well as the chi. you can get it for about $60,if the price hasnt went up. (smaller plates are better than the thick ones by the way)

also, anti-frizz syrums helps just run it through there after you blow dry and then brush your hair
    and do a deep conditioner in your hair and see if that helps, you can get deep conditioner at sally's fairly cheap. i deep condition mine twice a month and my hair does some crazzy stuff.. i promise it doesnt get to lookin good on its own.
    but, i also did find when i put layers and when they thinned my hair out that my thick hair wasnt so thick and that it was easier to manage!

Dont forget heat protectant spray! and i hope this helps!

-Kelsey.
  • Eslov
    Eslov Posts: 7
    Options
    I have a Corioliss flat iron, but I must say that is one impressive bacon fryer.
  • Danni3ll3
    Danni3ll3 Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    I have a flatiron from FHI that i LOVE!

This! My daughter has one and loves it. I just bought her another one for Xmas as she has worn out the old one. Expensive but it is the only thing that works well with her very thick hair. It used to take her hours but not now with this iron.
  • NZhellkat
    NZhellkat Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    As well as a really good straightener, using the right product makes a huge difference too. I do my hair around every 5-7 days otherwise it's a huge hassle.
  • srcardinal10
    srcardinal10 Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    I have natural, kinky, curly, African-American 4C hair (Google image 4c hair -- CURLLLLYY) and I used to use a CHI on my extensions and when I had my hair relaxed (chemically straightened for those that don't know the term). I went natural in June and I now use a Karmin G3 Salon Pro -- works lovely on my hair. My best friend, has VERY THICK red, VERY curly hair (she's Caucasian) similar to mine almost and uses a Rusk flat iron that she loves. I do blow dry my hair to make it as straight as possible when I wear it straight, but I love my flat iron.

Cheers!
  • 2BeFit4Jesus
    Options
    I will only buy Conair ceramic flat irons. Check out www.ulta.com and you can see the different reviews for each of their products.
  • SmexAppeal
    SmexAppeal Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    I get the funny... but are you seriously in the market? lol.
    Recommend the Instyler... but you can not fry bacon on this... ever :/
  • karllundy
    karllundy Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    Wait...can you seriously cook bacon with that?!?!?! I am so stealing this from my wife.
  • Pedalpush
    Pedalpush Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    bacon says what now?
  • n0ob
    n0ob Posts: 2,390 Member
    Options
    I get all mine bent upright. I'd leave all my shots out to the right if I swung a set of flat irons...
  • Colleen118
    Colleen118 Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    :wink: The bacon might be what broke it but what a fabulous idea for ooking bacon for one! I hate using the stove!

Oh and I love my flat iron. It was a gift. I think it's a Revlon but it's a Wet2Dry. I NEVER flat iron my hair when it's wet but I sweat a LOT and my hair can still be "damp" 6 hours after washing..