DunedinGirl on a Diet

Options
Hi Everyone,

I just joined last week and have been lurking for awhile. I am 45, almost 46 and have decided I will not be fat any longer. I will give you the condensed version just to let you know a little about me.

I was always VERY skinny until I got married for the first time. He was not very nice, to say the least, and I put on the weight I think to protect myself. He was very jealous and violent and always was on me for gaining a pound or two and after I left him I just gave up. I ate horribly and drank alot and was an all around mess.

Fast forward 10 years and I meet a fantastic guy and we get married. We love eating out at restaurants and traveling and the weight keeps piling on. I got up to 225 at 5' 10' and kept being told "You have such a pretty face" or asked "When is the baby due?". In 2002 I had 2 car accidents and hurt myself pretty bad. I messed up my back and developed Fibromyalgia but think I have had that since first hubby and the beatings. The pain is horrible and I am tired all the time and my younger hubby has turned into a caregiver. I hate it and have decided it is now or never.

January 2010 I went on a strict elimination diet and felt great for the first time in years and lost 10 lbs. in 12 days. Then we went on vacation and I ate some bread. The cravings for sweet and carbs came roaring back and I started eating wheat again and within 2 weeks starting feeling horrible and tired and getting sick again. I started again yesterday eating right and am starting to feel a little better but I am sure it will take a bit again. I don't understand why I keep cheating on the diet when it makes me feel so bad...You would think I would learn but I guess it will just take some time.

I would like to find someone near me to walk with or swim when it gets warmer. I just got a pedometer today and am looking forward to using it when I get the darn thing figured out. I welcome any friends that will keep me motivated and accountable. Good luck to everyone and I hope for you and me all the best:)

Replies

• bebhinn
    bebhinn Posts: 198
    Options
    Welcome to MFP!! I think you will find here a wealth of support and knowledge, I know I did!