Strength training without cardio

Options
Forgive me if this is a totally ignorant question....but....I have been working to lose 100 pounds (I'm half way there) but I have only been doing cardio. I am ready to start incorporating strength training into my workout. My problem is I only have 45 min at the gym to do both cardio and weights. So I plan to do 2 days of full body strength training (non-consecutive days of course) and on those days will probably spend most of my 45 min on weights and maybe 15 on cardio. Is this a good idea? I feel like I am cutting myself short with not a lot of cardio on those days. Any info would be appreciated!!! Thanks in advance :smile:

Barb

Replies

• FullOfWin
    FullOfWin Posts: 1,414 Member
    Options
    I promise you will be better served focusing MORE on weights and less on cardio. If you want to do 2 days then do one day of squat, bench press, barbell rows and the othr day deadlifts, overhead press, and chinups (assisted if needed) or alternatively if you can out 2 rest days between the 2 weights days then you could do the routine linked below with 2 heavy days vs a heavy medium and light day.

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=147447933 For this routine I personally would swap in chinups instead of curlz