• beeblebrox82
    beeblebrox82 Posts: 578 Member
    Options

2013 goals:
    325+miles run.
    Sub 21min 5K
    Sub 50min 10K
    Run the Tough Mudder
    Run two+ Half Marathons, aiming for a 1:45 time.
    Still contemplating the May 25K in GR... damn that's a long way.

Goal Check.
    -Cleared 250 miles last week, think I got that one nailed.
    -Just ran a 20:51 today, my 2nd 5k of the year. Whoop!!
    -48.02 10K run in April.
    -Coming up End of June
    -They are on the calendar. I've run that distance this year, just not on official time.
    -I DID run that 25K and finished in 2 hours and 3 minutes.... It was a long way LOL.

Some new goals:

500 miles for 2013
    20:00 5K
    1:40 Half
    Track a sub 6min mile during a run. (current record, set today, is at 6:22)

Doing good so far this year! And I'm leaner and meaner than I've ever been in my life.
  • TiredMom12
    TiredMom12 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    That is awesome and I especially like the part about you saying when you ran your 5k, never do that again, ran your 10k, never do that again. Did my second 5k on Sunday and did it in 28.58 seconds. It was a grueling race for me b/c of the heat and I just started out too fast. As I was running, I swore I would never do this again, but here I am looking for another 5k to sign up for and hoping tomorrow to start training for a 10k. I started running last September and I'm really proud of what I have accomplished, as a 40ish working Mom of 3 kids, with a house and husband to take care of too.

Can I ask if you follow a certain diet and do other things besides run? I'm trying to fit in some weight training, but when I have the time to work out, I love to run!
  • poetictraveller
    poetictraveller Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing - it's awesome! I decided to start running for the first time in my life (I'm 45 tomorrow ugggg) and have done 6 walk/runs over the last two weeks. On Sunday I ran in the forest for the first time with my dog and LOVED it! I'm inspired by your story and will work towards doing my first 5k run by the end of June. Thanks again and keep it up!
  • beeblebrox82
    beeblebrox82 Posts: 578 Member
    Options

2013 goals:
    325+miles run.
    Sub 21min 5K
    Sub 50min 10K
    Run the Tough Mudder
    Run two+ Half Marathons, aiming for a 1:45 time.
    Still contemplating the May 25K in GR... damn that's a long way.

Goal Check.
    -Cleared 250 miles last week, think I got that one nailed.
    -Just ran a 20:51 today, my 2nd 5k of the year. Whoop!!
    -48.02 10K run in April.
    -Coming up End of June
    -They are on the calendar. I've run that distance this year, just not on official time.
    -I DID run that 25K and finished in 2 hours and 3 minutes.... It was a long way LOL.

Some new goals:

500 miles for 2013
    20:00 5K
    1:40 Half
    Track a sub 6min mile during a run. (current record, set today, is at 6:22)

Doing good so far this year! And I'm leaner and meaner than I've ever been in my life.

Coming toward the "end" of the season, I've got two races left, a 10K this weekend and a half in November.

Mileage is not where I would have hoped, I've been sick alot (Tough Mudder gave me a bad bacteria infection, just recovering from Strep and some bronchitis earlier. Blech.) And I've been dealing with a strain in my foot most of the summer.

Still:

Currently sitting at 522 miles, so I whooped my mid season goal already. Should get to 600 easy this year.
    Fastest 5K this year ended up being a 20:49, probably won't get another crack at it this year, but I'm happy to be consistently running under 21 minutes now.
    I ran TWO 1:40 and change half marathons this summer. WOO! Hoping maybe I can get into the high 1:30s this November, but I've been ailing and I'm a bit under trained now. We'll see.

The dreaded 10K. My 10K times are at my half marathon pace. Something goes wrong every time I run one. I "PR'd" a small race last weekend while I was running with a fever and Strep Throat. (Because Runner.... or Because Idiot.) Hoping this weekend I can finally set a time below 1/2 pace, should be in the 44-45 minute range. That will establish a great baseline to start off 2014. Closing Thoughts coming on 1-1-14!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!