BM's and weight

Options
This is really gross. This morning I weighed myself very first thing. I immediately sat down on the toilet and had a BM. I weighed myself AGAIN and was down 3 pounds!!! No joke. Could pooh really weigh 3 pounds. My scale is always accurate so I am really confused!!

Replies

• shirk13
    Options
    Depends.......on how full of *kitten* you were.
  • TwentyTen
    Options
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :noway:
  • tlapdx72
    tlapdx72 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    lol too funny !!!!!
  • pannellkat
    pannellkat Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    I've weighed myself before and after BM and generally I see a 1 lb difference or a few ounces difference on the downside. I've never experienced a 3 lb difference, but not saying it is not possible.

And is it possible for BM to weigh 3 lbs....hell yea!
  • TheNewJessieMae
    Options
    I did a search for this topic because I actually had the same question and I'm very glad that I'm not the only one!!! And how do you "make" yourself go before weighing in? I don't "go" everyday So I'm really worried about my # being accurate....... I get TONS of fiber everyday and it still doesn't do the trick.
  • Sharont213
    Sharont213 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    I have IBS/C and yes, in my own personal experience, it is entirely possible to register that much of a weight change. When I am flaring, I can go several days or even weeks without any movements and that will show up on the scale. Once the situation resolves itself, I am back to more typical daily flucuations. We are indeed complex creatures :huh:
  • hpsnickers1
    hpsnickers1 Posts: 2,783 Member
    Options
    I read a long time ago that you can have up to 20 pounds of compacted waste in your Intestines. Of course the site was trying to sell a colon and toxin cleanse system. So if you have a good BM then I can definitely see pounds coming off.
  • hpsnickers1
    hpsnickers1 Posts: 2,783 Member
    Options
    I have IBS/C and yes, in my own personal experience, it is entirely possible to register that much of a weight change. When I am flaring, I can go several days or even weeks without any movements and that will show up on the scale. Once the situation resolves itself, I am back to more typical daily flucuations. We are indeed complex creatures :huh:

I know where you are coming from. Who would've thought that we can back up for that long and not explode! I actually had bad thoughts regarding that.
  • MzBug
    MzBug Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    Just keep a plunger and bowl brush in each bathroom and you will be fine! Maybe a can of spray, I prefer the pine scent, smells like you just *kitten* on a Christmas tree!
    :laugh:
  • dbanks80
    dbanks80 Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options

LMAO Good one!!!! :laugh: :laugh:
  • Yarnpiggie
    Options
    I did a search for this topic because I actually had the same question and I'm very glad that I'm not the only one!!! And how do you "make" yourself go before weighing in? I don't "go" everyday So I'm really worried about my # being accurate....... I get TONS of fiber everyday and it still doesn't do the trick.

Make sure you aren't getting TOO much though. If you are getting over, say 50g (depending on how many calories you are eating I would assume) you will need to make sure you are drinking extra water. Getting too much fiber can actually do the opposite of what you would think if you don't get enough water. :-)
  • kentlass
    kentlass Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    i wish i could poo out 3lbs worth!!!

but i did this the other day, checked my weight...felt the urge to go, then for random curiosity sake i checked my weight again...i lost the 3/4lb i'd gained since weighing myself the day before!