depends
    for some reason
    if I eat after 9 I just eat complete crap
    and lots of it, so i try not to

good reason to keep crap out of the house

There it is!
  • BarackMeLikeAHurricane
    Options
    The only reason not to eat at night is because some people are more likely to overeat and/or make poor food choices. Personally, I don't eat BEFORE 7pm because I know that no matter what, I WILL eat at night. During the day food isn't nearly as appealing and I've never been the type to eat first thing in the morning. I'd much rather eat an ungodly amount of food at night, than several small (read: unsatisfying) meals a day. This is why I do 20/4 IF.
  • davidep21
    davidep21 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I like to snack on frozen grapes after 9pm if I feel hungry...hope you find something that works for you
  • meganrpelican
    meganrpelican Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    do it if you have the calories left!
  • LordBear
    LordBear Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    u should be eating small amounts all day long.. this keeps you burning and something small before going to bed keeps ur body doing what it needs to do while your sleeping.
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 10,020 Member
    Options
    As long as it's not an excuse to overeat more food.
  • Colorfan
    Colorfan Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    I eat whenever. I just had dinner at 11 PM.

As long as Im still within my calories, its all good.

The proof is in the pudding
    vvv
  • letjog
    letjog Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    The only reason not to eat at night is because some people are more likely to overeat and/or make poor food choices. Personally, I don't eat BEFORE 7pm because I know that no matter what, I WILL eat at night. During the day food isn't nearly as appealing and I've never been the type to eat first thing in the morning. I'd much rather eat an ungodly amount of food at night, than several small (read: unsatisfying) meals a day. This is why I do 20/4 IF.

This does not sound too healthy.
  • clarkeje1
    clarkeje1 Posts: 1,638 Member
    Options
    It doesn't matter what time you eat.
  • AntWrig
    AntWrig Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    u should be eating small amounts all day long.. this keeps you burning and something small before going to bed keeps ur body doing what it needs to do while your sleeping.
    This is not true at all. Meal timing and the number of meals mean nothing.
  • likepepsicola
    likepepsicola Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Doesn't matter what time you eat. I personally like to eat before bed on purpose though so I'm not hungry and I can sleep better.
  • TheConsciousFoody
    TheConsciousFoody Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    If I am hungry in eat regardless of the time as long as I have the calories. I don't have a normal schedule so 9pm to most is my 4-5pm. If I go to bed hungry I'd wake up starving and probably make bad food choices for breakfast.
  • dukslayer4051
    dukslayer4051 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    absolutly tru!!! preachit brotha, preach IT!!!

if is no joke, melts fat like butter...
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Options

This is nonsense. Eating more frequently and the TEF effect is not different in 10 small meals or on large on if calories and macros are held constant.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/9155494
  • BarackMeLikeAHurricane
    Options

Lol research it first. It's definitely fine.
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options

Lol research it first. It's definitely fine.

yep...fine.

and dandy
  • Vansy
    Vansy Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    I try not to eat late at night. Granted on work nights I'm in bed by 830PM so I try to cut-off eating around 5PM; unless I'm just absolutely starving and need something. Otherwise,I drink some water and go to bed. On work nights I also run after work, and I typically don't feel like eating after I've gone for a run.
  • kingofcrunk
    kingofcrunk Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    If you are truely hungry (eg your mind isn't tricking you because you're bored or something) then it'll be so hard to sleep. I tried to sleep hungry once and when I'd finally fallen asleep I kept waking up in the night until I went and got a biscuit! Then I had some insidious dreams about food.
  • julieh391
    julieh391 Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    Time is irrelevant. Eat when you're hungry. For me that's every evening because we eat dinner early and go to bed late. I have a few hundred calories of snacks every evening after 8 or 9:00.
  • rjmwx81
    rjmwx81 Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    Meal timing really only matters if you're one of these guys. Might want to avoid water, too.

mogwai.jpg