am new

Options
gisii
gisii Posts: 74 Member
i am really excited to start this!! am hopeful and ready to go!! i need to loose 20 pounds by summer!!! by may june!! all encouragement is welcomed ... thanks!

Replies

• mellers1313
    mellers1313 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Hiya and welcome,
    I'm in the same boat, need to loose by may lol.

Best of luck to ya

X
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    Hi. :) Welcome to MFP.
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options
    i am really excited to start this!! am hopeful and ready to go!! i need to loose 20 pounds by summer!!! by may june!! all encouragement is welcomed ... thanks!

Hi, welcome! :flowerforyou:
    You've got every right to be excited, because you HAVE come to THE PLACE where you CAN, and WILL, lose all the weight that you want to! :bigsmile: MFP REALLY, REALLY, DOES work! :love: :bigsmile: So stick with it by "working with your numbers", get some exercise, and you WILL reach your goal! :wink: :bigsmile:
  • gisii
    Options
    thanks you guys!! any tips??
  • sdscouser
    Options
    Welcome to a great site. Tips? Well all I can talk about is what has worked for me. Firstly you need the incentive to stick to this lifestyle change (I dont like the term diet as I feel as if I am punishing myself for liking food if I am on a diet), for me it is my vacation in June and it sounds like you have a similar incentive. You also have to be totally honest with trackinmg and weighing your food. Invest in some food scales if you don't already have some. It's surprising how easy it is to over eat by measuring food by guessing. Don't weigh yourself everyday, this can lead to disappointment. Weigh once a week at the same time and place. Also if you excercise be mindful that if you build muscle you may not see improvments in your weight loss. Muscle can be heavier than fat so measure your inch loss from the key areas ;-).

Most of all stick with it. and aim to lose a few pounds a week, this way it will be more healthy for you rather than crash dieting.

Good luck
  • gisii
    Options
    thanks... idk to me its hard to weigh myself only every week.... i need to everyday!! how do i kick that habit? am trying to eat heaalthier than i already do!!
  • guitarhammer
    Options
    Yeah. It's a long drawn out struggle. Stick in there.