Dont know what to think.

Options
Well the last 3 weeks I have been eating well, smaller portions, light working out, working 6 hours a day. I eat enough, but not too much.

My weight went down 2 pounds then suddenly shot up 5 pounds higher then where i started

Replies

• TheFitHooker
    TheFitHooker Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    Could be a number of things. Are you about to start your cycle? Your cycle can cause you to gain weight. How is your sodium intake? Sodium is a huge factor. Are you eating to your calorie intake? Are you sure your intake is right for your body? So much can play into this.
  • metaphoria
    metaphoria Posts: 1,432 Member
    Options
    Whoops. Double post
  • metaphoria
    metaphoria Posts: 1,432 Member
    Options
    Are you weighing in the morning every day? Because you can fluctuate a lot from morning to evening. Also, I can gain 5 pounds just from pms/bloating. I never weigh myself at that time in my cycle because it's depressing.
  • WildKatt87
    Options
    Oh thank you so much! i realised earlier today im close to that time of hte month. I literally shot up 7 pounds in less then 2 days. Sodium.. possible. Parents made me go out to dinner one night.

Ill see if it evens itself out soon. I think sodium and " that time of the month" would be contributing to 90% of it.
  • pouncepet
    pouncepet Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    TOM is a B**** for scales. Don't weigh in or if you do, be strong and dont freak out.

This may be abit TMI but just last week I was constipated (I reworked my diet to add more fiber so it took a little adjusting) AND it was right before my TOM and I shot up 11 pounds in just a few days!!! That and I bloated. Bloated like CRAZY! I was one unhappy chicky.

But then my systems readjusted, I drank a crapload of water, kept exercising and I am back to down all the way and looking leaner than before.

Crazy isn't it? 11 pounds back and forth in like 10-11 days. It was not funny I can tell you but I am over it.

The scale sucks half the time (Yay hormones and womanhood!). I try to go by the mirror and how much I am improving with my lifting (which indicates to me my strength levels and muscles are good) as well as how I feel - that said, just stay consistent. The success stories are always the consistent ones who never stopped over every little bump.
  • TheFitHooker
    TheFitHooker Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    Oh thank you so much! i realised earlier today im close to that time of hte month. I literally shot up 7 pounds in less then 2 days. Sodium.. possible. Parents made me go out to dinner one night.

Ill see if it evens itself out soon. I think sodium and " that time of the month" would be contributing to 90% of it.

water with lemon is great for bloat. up your water intake during that TOM
  • WildKatt87
    Options
    Thanks I will try that. ^ Today i stripped down before my shower and weighed in at 164. My period started yesterday and its heavy lol i actually bleed through the supers within an hour or 2. I gained about 8 pounds of water ugh!

Some of it is muscle though that's for sure. This new job I'm working i do a lot of lifting, i stand for 8-10 hour a day and do a lot of repetative arm motions ( prep work at a Steal House ) my forearms are sooo sore in the mornings. My thighs and my butt are sore ugh.

But I'm happy!!! they are getting toned. My thighs look nicer then they did before though I'm still overweight. The shape is better though.

I don't even take breaks at work I am running around so much trying to get it all done. I drink a lean shake in the morning, eat 2 of the GNC Calcium chews and Vitamin C tablets. For dinner i eat whatever I want within reason.