Putting it in perspective.

Options
I have had a hard week. I'm at the lowest weight I've been since my mid 30s (I'm 43 now). However, I find myself getting disappointed because the weight isn't just falling off of me like it did in the beginning. Until now it was coming off about 1/2 a pound a day. Now I'm up and down between 133.4 and 134.5 and it's been like this all week. I finally decided to set some goals for myself. I decided 6 pounds a month isn't an unreasonable goal and went back to my weigh in log. On February 1st I weighed 139.2. This actually made me feel better. If I can get to my 6 pound goal by March 1st and my 2nd goal by April 1st, I'll only have a couple of more pounds to go. I'm hoping to reach my ideal weight by April 15th. So if the scale seems stalled, just look back at your weigh in history and realize just how far you've come. If you don't lose one week, just change some stuff up and be patient. We can get there.

Replies

• ractayjon
    Options
    Im not sure how much you want to lose but remember that your body will adjust and as you get closer and closer to your bodys ideal weight (which may be different then your goal weight) it will come off but it will come off slower....remember that slow and steady win the race - dont be discouraged...just keep up the good work.
  • kwardklinck
    kwardklinck Posts: 1,601
    Options
    I have a little less than 10 more pounds to lose now. The goal weight I set for myself is about 5 pounds higher than my 25 year old weight. It's not set in stone however. As long as I look and feel good, I'm happy. I have surgery scheduled June 7th and hope to reach my goal before then. If it takes a little longer, I'm ok with that. I don't wish to be model thin by any means. My goal is exactly in the middle of the healthy weight range for my age and height. :)
  • PanicAtTheBuffet
    Options
    I lost 20 pounds. I lost about 15 pounds in 3 months and the last 5 took another 3 months.

Oh, and the last 5 are always asking to come back. :wink:
  • DeeDeeLHF
    DeeDeeLHF Posts: 2,301 Member
    Options
    Hi, I think you weight loss is amazing. It took me 9 months to lose the first 30 (and even longer for the 20# before that as I wasn't excercising). I just re-assessed my goals as I have not lost any weight since September...just stayed the same. Now I am going to place a heavy focus on toning and firming. Lifting weights and core excercises to go with the aerobic. Everyone says the last 10 pounds are the toughest. Hang in there but don't get discouraged if it takes longer. 6# in one month seems like a lot to me if it is part of your final 10.

DD
  • kwardklinck
    kwardklinck Posts: 1,601
    Options
    I think I may also need to place more emphasis on toning and firming at this point. I actually look pretty good and my clothes feel nice and loose. I just need to work my problem areas. I've never had very much muscle so maybe my previous goal weight isn't actually a very good indicator of my fitness level.