Natural Deodorants

Options
2»

Replies

• LMT2012
    LMT2012 Posts: 697 Member
    Options
    Consider shaving or waxing your pits and try the liquid roll on that's made from salt - but wait for the pores to close! Also use an antibacterial soap on the area.
  • zenchild
    zenchild Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    My husband has skin issues. He's been using Arm & Hammer for a few years now with no problem.
  • _Obsession_
    _Obsession_ Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    LUSH do one called AROMACO that has no aluminium in it and smells like patchouli...... thats what i use! It's natural and vegan too!
  • KeriW626
    KeriW626 Posts: 430
    Options
    something I saw on YouTube, while watching something on whitening teeth. Use lemon on your pits when you shower and that should take the stink away, I dont know that it will help the sweating, but i am sure you are not going to get bumps under there. Good Luck.
  • Kenzietea2
    Kenzietea2 Posts: 1,132 Member
    Options
    Arbonne. It's vegan, too. Not 3-4 $ though, you're looking more like 8, but it lasts a long time.
  • katy84o
    katy84o Posts: 744 Member
    Options
    You can try Crystal. It's like a rock that you wet and rub under your arms. I used that for a while, but I stopped for whatever reason. I now use Toms, the lemongrass scent. Out of all the natural deodorants, I think the Tom's works best!
  • sm1zzle
    sm1zzle Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    What's more natural than the smell of sweat ?
  • mltdown
    mltdown Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    I'll check out Tom's since it's come up a lot. I've heard mixed stuff about it, but it can't hurt to try.

Does that crystal stuff actually work? My stepsister said she bought the actual chunk of it and I could try finding some of that, but I'm not sure how you even apply that. hahaha
    I work with someone that uses this and let's just say, I don't sit next to them at work. :)
  • KayakAngel
    KayakAngel Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    Tom's works for me, but my favorite is Nature's Gate. The Autumn Breeze scent is awesome, and Summer Spice smells good too, maybe a little more masculine.
  • upgetupgetup
    upgetupgetup Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    If you don't have genuinely overactive sweat glands, check the stress in your life. Are you a teenager? (You mention a step-sister.) If so, it'll probably eventually go away.

Also when you wash your clothes, throw a bit of stain remover or extra detergent on the pit area, in case there's like an accumulation that maybe you haven't noticed but gets reactivated. (And a cold-water rinse saves your clothes, but hot water will get rid of more stuff. Matters less for lighter clothes that aren't eg wool.)
  • DollyMiel
    DollyMiel Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the extra suggestions! I didn't think I'd actually get many replies. haha

(And to upgetupgetup: nope, I'm 25, we're all grown kids between 25-35, our parents just got together a few years back though. :D)

Luckily I'm not a naturally smelly person. The opposite, really. In fact I apparently smell like Caress body wash or floral/herbal, according to way too many people, even while using unscented things... haha. So that isn't so much an issue... well, until I started smelling like metal from my underarms. Yeeeesh.

So I may run with some of the comments here that hinted at better antiperspirant qualities over deodorant qualities even though I know my OP said otherwise. XD I don't know if I sweat A LOT, but no one likes wet shirts (in that area, anyway).

In any case, I've got heaps of leads on what to try, so I appreciate it, everyone! ♪
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,634 Member
    Options
    Garlic......................eat it and no one will bother with how your pits smell.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • upgetupgetup
    upgetupgetup Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    That metal smell, really easily, could be stress-related. It happened to a friend of mine (cough cough) during a brief stint at a really horrible, stressful job, and resolved when she left it for a better one.