In

Options
Hello everyone,
My name is Shane and I recently joined the site.I am a Captain at our local Fire Dept in charge of Arson Investigations. The reason I picked this site was basically for the calorie counter. I have completed many diets in the past, some I kept track of calories,carbs, fats and proteins, but most I didnt keep track of. . I will be 37 in April, I have never had a weight problem, although if you go by BMI it tells me I am morbidly obese! I am 5'10 and fluctuate between 210 to 205. I started our in house Biggest Loser contest last month weighing in at 214 and according to the hand held bodyfat reader, 18.9 % bodyfat. Our first weigh in was this month on the 4th and I weighrd 209 (5lb drop) and dropped 1.3% bodyfat to 17.6. Like I said I will be 37 soon,April 6th, and our final weigh in for the competition is April 5th, not to mention a Disney Cruise scheduled for the end of May. My goal is somewhere around 195 and 10-11 % bodyfat. I work out daily, sometimes twice a day. I do alot of running ,stairs, treadmill work, also the Spartacus workout from Mens Health, play basketball, crossfit workouts. I used to lift heavy but I dont have anyone to impress anymore , that and it hurt my shoulders. So now I do the crossfit type workouts for functional strength. I have also started doing the INSANITY DVD workouts which are killer but alot better than running on a treadmill! The competition is a short term goal, heck theres money involved ! Long term goal, look good with my shirt off, be a good example for my kids, live longer to see them grow up and grow old with my wife. Long term goal accomplished through exercise and diet.