Should I get a BodyMedia thing? Or stick with Fitbit?

I see that they're on sale and am considering it, but I've been reading some posts on here and really can't decide.

I already have a fitbit. Had it for a year and really really like it.

My problem though is that I've been on a plateau since October 2011. My fitibit helped me for a month to lose 2lbs but have stalled since.

In August I got so fed up that overate most of the month with no change to my body at all.
September I practically didn't eat and lost nothing.

Other than midterm and exam season, I log as accurately as possible

I've been lifting heavy since March last year. And I swim competitively. Leg injury has prevented me from doing other dryland workouts since the summer sadface.

Guess I just don't know what else I can do at this point. Would it be worth investing in a BodyMedia ? Or should I continue on with my Fitbit ?

Replies

• switch to bodymedia thing
  • ifyouknew
    ifyouknew Posts: 68 Member
    I don't know much about the fitbit, but it doesn't sound like it's working for you. I have been amazed at the accuracy of my bodymedia armband. It's easy to be accurate about food if you weight and measure things, but I felt like my exercise was always an estimate at best. The armband lets you be really accurate about that too. Then it's just a matter of eating less than you burn!
  • c53204
    c53204 Posts: 35 Member
    I have a similar problem. I have the luxury to exercise all day if I wanted. Generally exercise about 1-3 hours a day and have lost a lot of weight - I am needing a whole new wardrobe!

I have however started to slow down with 7lbs to go to my target weight. To add to this, we bought new scales. The new scales are more accurate, but read 7lbs heavier than our old ones! That messed up MFP and all my apps that logged weight.

I've just bought a FitBit One - well I'm getting it for Christmas. So hopefully this will help.

I'm very rarely over my Kcal limit and MFP tells me a couple of times a week to eat more. I guess the old tale of 'the last few pounds are the hardest' is true. Even harder approaching Christmas.

I would stick with what has worked for you in the past. I'm a firm believer in slow and steady.
  • FitMama2013
    FitMama2013 Posts: 913 Member
    I used a BMF until I got pregnant, and then I couldn't get a straight answer on if it was safe to use during pregnancy, so I stopped wearing it. I miss it! I think if the Fitbit isn't working for you, you should give the BMF a try!
  • Misiaxcore
    Misiaxcore Posts: 659 Member
    Thanks everyone :) Guess it wouldn't hurt to try the BodyMedia thing ... except my wallet slightly :P

If anyone else stumbles upon this thread that has stories to share, I will be checking back ^_^