Christmas goal

Options
reggiepe
reggiepe Posts: 146 Member
Hi all,

I am not one to usually post as I am not much of a conversationalist. But I need to give a little back and tell those that are struggling that it can be done. My journey to a healthier me started early this year and I joined MFP on March 1st at the recommendation of my doctor. I have not looked back and will not look back. I am always in a forward motion to the next goal. When I started on here I set mini goals. It was either 5 lbs here or there or being able to do my workouts a little bit longer than the last time. Even small things like being able to walk to my vehicle after work without being out of breath. Today I park further away to make myself walk a little extra. I was one of those people that always tried to park the closest I could and called the ones that parked so far away idiots. Well, I have turned into one of those idiots and damn glad I have :)

I am currently 5 days away from my big goal that was set on day one of this journey. I made a promise to myself that I would drop 100 lbs by Christmas day. Am I worried that I won't make it? Not a chance. Bound and determined and not looking back. I weigh in every Saturday morning and this past Saturday I was at the 99 lb. lost mark. What a wonderful number to be at with 10 days to go. Am I coasting because of that? No way. As this is just one of the goals. After this one there will be others that fall into place right after this one is met. To those that struggle...set your goals and set them realistically. And let nothing get in the way. No excuses. This is you. This is your life. This is your journey.

Here are some simple stats that I started with:

Weight: 346
Pant size: 46
Shirt size: 3XLT
Neck size: 19"
Waist: 59" (taken from the belly button)
BF%: 39.4
Cardio Workout time: 15 - 20 minutes
Resting heart rate: 88
Blood Pressure: 138/90
CPAP Pressure: 18

Current stats:

Weight: 247
Pant size: 36
Shirt size: XL
Neck size: 16.5"
Waist: 48.3" (taken from the belly button)
BF%: 30.5
Cardio Workout time: Well over an hour now
Resting heart rate: 69
Blood Pressure: 119/65
CPAP Pressure: 12

As you can see there are changes...and some are huge for me as some of my realistic long term goals are coming close to fruition. The two final stats are telling me that I am very close to going off the blood pressure medication (or atleast reducing it) and the Sleep Apnea is slowly going away.

I will stop rambling on and hope that someone here finds some inspiration to kick themselves in the *kitten* and takes back their life.

Merry Christmas to all

Replies

• lovewish
    lovewish Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    AWESOMENESS!!! Love your post...from the heart! Way to go my friend.:smile:
  • lawandfitness
    lawandfitness Posts: 1,257 Member
    Options
    Very Inspiring! I love reading posts like this! Great Job, keep it up!!
  • midwestdawn
    midwestdawn Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Holy crap! Those numbers are really impressive. Your doctor must have been blown away when you went back to see him/her! Well done!
  • nashbear
    nashbear Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Wow. Very inspiring. Great first step to a healthier you. Keep it up. Congratulations.
  • deb3129
    deb3129 Posts: 1,294 Member
    Options
    Congrats to you, those are big changes!! Way to take control of you health!!
  • literatelier
    literatelier Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    No excuses. This is you. This is your life. This is your journey.

Words to live by. Thanks so much for sharing, you're an inspiration!
  • fwankiesgirl
    Options
    Very inspiring to me! I set my goal unrealistically, and was set up for disappointment. I've started making smaller goals as well, and feel more accomplished. Thank you for sharing, if you only reached one person today. It was me!
  • reggiepe
    Options
    Holy crap! Those numbers are really impressive. Your doctor must have been blown away when you went back to see him/her! Well done!

My Doctor is thoroughly impressed and has told me that I have surpassed his expectations 10 fold. I have blood work scheduled next week to see how all of those numbers are fairing as well. I was diagnosed as pre-diabetic before starting down this path, so I am looking forward to some really good results.
  • reggiepe
    Options
    Very inspiring to me! I set my goal unrealistically, and was set up for disappointment. I've started making smaller goals as well, and feel more accomplished. Thank you for sharing, if you only reached one person today. It was me!

I had hoped to at least inspire one....hoping there are more. I came in here as a newbie on March 1st and read a lot of stories. There was one that truly inspired me and I am thankful he had written his story the day that he did.
  • Mistyblu08
    Mistyblu08 Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    wow - great job!! I think I need to reset my goals as well- maybe that will keep me motivated more- I have issues with that lol thank you for sharing and congrats!!!!
  • reggiepe
    Options
    Thank you all for your kind words.
  • reggiepe
    Options
    Christmas goal met 3 days early!!!!!
  • JimmyJazzMX
    JimmyJazzMX Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Good for you man... Great job!

Congrats!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!