Backslide....

Options
Sigh........

So last January 9th i started my weight loss journey at 246lbs. I had gotten all the way down to 194lbs by October...then the holidays started, stress went up, and GASP!!!! i was at 209 this morning. I feel like such a failure doing that to myself!! Just last week i was at 204, so im not sure if i am retaining water or what, but this has got to stop. My goal is to get to 160, so i still have a long way to go, but my short term goal is 189, anyone want to help support me? I had quit MFP for a while so im kinda new here again...... Ive reset my ticker with the new current weight gain...never want to have to do that again, only for the weight losses!

Replies

• spade117
    spade117 Posts: 2,466 Member
    Options
    I had quit MFP for a while

Don't quit next (this) time.
  • jhehle
    jhehle Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    thanks..
  • AngieA007
    AngieA007 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I can use some new friends and we can motivate each other. Happy Holidays!
  • jzammetti
    jzammetti Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    Hi. I looked at your calorie goals and in my opinion (i am not a professional by any means) your goal is set to an impossibly low number (and probably un healthy as well). 1200 -1300 calories a day is not sustainable for me. I had to learn to eat like a regular person in order for this weight loss journey to be successful and sustainable. I calculated my Body fat percentage, BMR, and TDEE and eat based on those recommendations (1700 for me). I have steadily lost weight and never have to deprive myself of food I want to eat (just eat smaller portions of the "bad" stuff).

My loss has been pretty steady and I can eat like this forever so I know I can maintain my new weight by just continuing to eat what I have been eating currently. Maybe you should try it out for better ability to reach and keep you goal weight? I was a little scared at first (alright, terrified) to add those 450 calories as TDEE suggested...but it works and I never feel hungry, tired, depressed, or deprived.

Best of luck to you!