169 calories burned in 39 minutes

Options
I just slowly went through some of the Wii Fit Plus exercises and my HRM showed 169 calories in 39 minutes.
Not a great workout! lol Especially for the time invested!

But my question is, do I log 169 calories for exercise, when wouldn't I have almost burnt that much if I had just been sitting at my computer for the last 39 minutes?

Replies

• SugarHi
    SugarHi Posts: 452
    Options
    Have you compared the two? Try it! sit at your computer for 39 minutes with your HRM on and see what you get :)
  • SammiAnne11
    SammiAnne11 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I think the important point, is that you were ACTIVE for the 39 minutes. Did you have fun? :wink:
  • kbarker65
    kbarker65 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I always wonder this in general with my HRM. If it says that I burned say 900 calories, do I need to deduct the number of calories already accounted for by my general lifestyle since MFP is doing that when it gives me my caloric goals?
  • fivefatcats
    Options
    I agree with Sam - the most important thing is that you were active, but honestly I'd be irritated. My treadmill credits me with 600 calories burned for a 40 min run plus 5 minutes on each end to warm up/cool down. That calorie count motivates me to maintain or increase my speed. My sister says she doesn't leave the gym until her monitor says she's burned 500 calories. FYI
  • Stephanie521
    Options
    Ok, not to sound like an amateur, but what is am HRM? Where can I get one? I think it is a Heart Rate Monitor correct? I have always wondered how many calories I burn during a work out, and for the last year I have been guesstemating
  • thendrick
    thendrick Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I just folded some laundry and then crawled in bed to watch Survivor and I burned 104 calories in 43 minutes.
    So I'm guessing I shouldn't add my exercise calories this morning.
    I really didn't feel like I was exercising. It was taking me forever to move from exercise to exercise.
  • Iceprincessk25
    Iceprincessk25 Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    Ok, not to sound like an amateur, but what is am HRM? Where can I get one? I think it is a Heart Rate Monitor correct? I have always wondered how many calories I burn during a work out, and for the last year I have been guesstemating

You can find them all over the place. Ebay sells them for pretty cheap.