I love my new physic...

Options
...but no one else does.

I'm 3 lbs away from my goal and absolutely love my new physic. I love climbing into smaller clothes and they fit so great in all the right places.

Prior to my lifestyle change I would never have been described as fat but what you might describe as 'robust', I wanted to be fitter and as a consequence lost 22 llbs.

Everytime my family see me they repeat the mantra, 'Oh Treadmillmom1st, more weight, you're too thin, you've lost your femininity.

My husband is not too far behind, actually requesting I put weight on, he said I looked 'painfully thin' a real exaggeration.

I'm 6ft, weigh 143 lbs with a BMI of 19.4.

I don't want to put weight on, I feel alive, healthy, energised and love my reflection.

Replies

• jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    From what I can tell, you look great.

But everyone has a different opinion on what "looking great" is/means. IMO, if you like how you look, if you feel good in your clothes and in your own skin, then by in large, the hell with what other people think.
  • marathon_mama
    marathon_mama Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    It's physique...and you look great!
  • Ainar
    Ainar Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    Well, by what I see, I think you look great. And the most important is that YOU like it. You can't please everybody, people has different likes and dislikes. With time they will get used to it, everybody prolly just talks about it cos it's NEW physique, isn't it? And if you get annoyed by those comments you can always reply with opposite. I did that, never get any comments about my weight loss again, lol. Might be a little rude but... :P
  • dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    Options
    People don't always tell you the "right" thing. They often tell you what they think you want to hear.
  • donnamariewilliams
    Options
    You sound like you are a perfect size for your height. Most people who tell you that you are too thin, dare I say it....are generally overweight. You are proud of yourself and you should be. Stay focused and don't let anyone keep you from maintaining what you accomplished. :flowerforyou:
  • jbeverly21176
    Options
    Who cares if they don't like it, your the one who has to live with your body and if it makes you happy then ignore them. You look great btw, as long as your happy & healthy I see no reason to listen to others.
  • Natashaa1991
    Natashaa1991 Posts: 866 Member
    Options
    same here.
    5'8" 110 lbs. I get "you're too skinny" every day. I don't have an ED or anything, i just like being thin.
    The good thing is, i don't care if other people like it or not as long as i'm happy :)
  • sam308lbs
    sam308lbs Posts: 1,939 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic!! people are stupid .By the way..do you weight train too along with the cardio ? If not you should start lifting and get some mean muscles too..you would look even better and no one would call you "painfully thin" again imo :)
  • ethieman
    ethieman Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    You look fab! And those legs!!! Wowza! Looks like you've got some muscle tone too. From my own experience, envy/jealousy can manifest in very strange ways in addition to the fact that by you losing weight and looking great, you are making others aware that they may have a few pounds to lose as well or to simply get more fit. In order to push away those thoughts and not vindicate them, which would require change, sometimes people will criticize, as if to say, "See! There's nothing wrong with me, it's her! She's TOO thin!"
  • Treadmillmom1st
    Treadmillmom1st Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    It's physique...and you look great!

; - P ha, ha, ha
  • Treadmillmom1st
    Treadmillmom1st Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic!! people are stupid .By the way..do you weight train too along with the cardio ? If not you should start lifting and get some mean muscles too..you would look even better and no one would call you "painfully thin" again imo :)

I mix strengh training with my cardio, I love my muscles too. My family love my muscles however they say it'd look better generally with more 'meat'.
  • funforsports
    funforsports Posts: 2,656 Member
    Options
    I love physics too! F=ma

In reality though, your physique looks great. Everyone has a different opinion on what body type they like best, it doesn't mean it is right or wrong. I would say do whatever you feel is sexiest to you as long as it is healthy.
  • maddieprice87
    maddieprice87 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic! I'm very jealous.

My mother says the same thing whenever I start to diet, and then she will say stuff like 'that dress is tight' if I gain. Can't win!

Don't listen to them! If you are happy and healthy then that's all that matters.

You are an inspiration!

xxx
  • phatnotfat81
    Options
    You look great to me...*shrugs* do what makes you happy
  • mercymarque
    Options
    At the end of the day ur the one that has to be comfortable in ur skin... As for ur husband love is not a size. I'm sure u have some changes u would like to see in him...