Lower Stomach issues

Options
Good morning everyone :) I am interested to know what your best exercises for a flabby lower stomach would be? I have been using the ab machines at the gym and doing sit ups, but I am so self conscious about my lower stomach. It is very flabby and I need some good exercises to tighten it up.

I know its mostly weight that I need to lose, and I totally understand that. However, I would love to know some great moves to help tighten it at the same time!

Replies

• Ainar
    Ainar Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    Sit ups and most of the ab machinea targets upper abs. If you want to target lower abs then you can do something like leg raises, or hanging leg raises/knee raises. Those three are my favorite for lower abs.

Basically, in a nutshell, like lifting upper back up when working on upper abs, like you do when doing sit ups, crunches, etc, to target lower abs you have to lift lover body up, like leg raises for example.
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    The excess flab is from fat, which you can't spot reduce. Continue to eat at a Caloric deficit, in order to lessen your BF%.

All you can do for exercises is to strengthen your core, but that won't be noticeable until you lose the body fat. If you really want good lower ab area exercises, go with mountain climbers and/or reverse crunches.
  • katekross
    katekross Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    The excess flab is from fat, which you can't spot reduce. Continue to eat at a Caloric deficit, in order to lessen your BF%.

All you can do for exercises is to strengthen your core, but that won't be noticeable until you lose the body fat. If you really want good lower ab area exercises, go with mountain climbers and/or reverse crunches.

Just what I was going to say! :)
  • gimmegimmemoar
    gimmegimmemoar Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Great thanks! Yes I knew it was fat because I never had weight in my stomach and it was the LAST place to gain weight. So I'm expecting it to be the last place I lose lol I'm working really hard on eating healthy and doing a great amout of cardio.. So I'm just gonna keep on truckin!
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Exercises that target the bum and upper legs, such as squats and lunges, actually do wonders for your lower abdomen too (win-win). Bicycles, and other leg/knee raise exercises are good too. And do plenty of exercises that target your entire core.