People at the Gym

Options
13»

Replies

• BurtHuttz
    BurtHuttz Posts: 3,653 Member
    Options
    That's ridiculous. Noise is completely unnecessary. Just lock eyes with the dumbbell, and stare. It knows who's boss, and you know who's boss. It's all mental. I haven't won yet but I try every day. Do you think I'm overtraining?
  • taylorwaylor
    taylorwaylor Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    That reminds me of a guy that use to come run on the treadmills at the same time as me most days. He would start out walking super slow then gradually add speed until he looked like he was going to get flipped off the back. Then he would scream. I mean, just crazy loud gut wrenching scream two or three times and then turn the machine back down and get off.

Scared the hell out of me every single time.

Ahhhh, this just made me laugh hahha..
  • alyssamiller77
    alyssamiller77 Posts: 891 Member
    Options
    Back to the OP, I guess maybe it's a little weird but as others have said in the context of getting yourself psyched for a lift, maybe not so weird after all. Personally, I talk to the dumbbells I'm about to lift. They think they can beat me but they're wrong, they ain't got nothing on me and I'm going to prove it. I'll take their best shot and beat them every time. Now granted I don't talk real loud or extensively, it's usually something like "C'mon b**ch" or "I got this".
  • sheldonz42
    sheldonz42 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    I used to teach ESL (English as a second Language) to recent immigrants to this country (Canada). We did alot of field trips and invariable one of them would query about all the joggers out.

I truly hate to be one of these people. Truly. But... You used to teach English and you used "alot?" I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you missed the spacebar. At least that is what I'm going to tell myself.
  • penrbrown
    penrbrown Posts: 2,685 Member
    Options
    I used to teach ESL (English as a second Language) to recent immigrants to this country (Canada). We did alot of field trips and invariable one of them would query about all the joggers out.

I truly hate to be one of these people. Truly. But... You used to teach English and you used "alot?" I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you missed the spacebar. At least that is what I'm going to tell myself.

ESL tutors are normally just every day people with a common man's grasp of English who impart their wisdom on those struggling to learn.

There is usually no formal training and no need to prove you have an English degree.

I am a high school drop out and I was an ESL tutor.

It's a good thing to do and even if you're not teaching these immigrants perfect written grammar, at least they'll learn how to speak the language a bit better.

Stop yo judgin man!
  • meredith1123
    meredith1123 Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    Last week while at the gym this girl was on the elliptical two machines down from me and I could hear her making weird sexual sighs constantly. I mean it was like a panting because she was so exhausted (she was not in super great shape) and I just didnt know what to think about it! this went on every few seconds for nearly 30 minutes!
  • sheldonz42
    sheldonz42 Posts: 233 Member
    Options

ESL tutors are normally just every day people with a common man's grasp of English who impart their wisdom on those struggling to learn.

There is usually no formal training and no need to prove you have an English degree.

I am a high school drop out and I was an ESL tutor.

It's a good thing to do and even if you're not teaching these immigrants perfect written grammar, at least they'll learn how to speak the language a bit better.

Stop yo judgin man!

Thanks for that tidbit. I had no idea. And sounds like a good thing to me!
  • penrbrown
    penrbrown Posts: 2,685 Member
    Options
    Thanks for that tidbit. I had no idea. And sounds like a good thing to me!

:) You should try it some time. It can be loads of fun. I'd put a thumbs up here but I can't so I shall just smile instead. :drinker:
  • WhoTheHellIsBen
    WhoTheHellIsBen Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    I usually just crop dust the area I'm in so I can get rid of everyone who seem to not mind invading other peoples personal space.
  • elprincipito
    elprincipito Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    lmao there's this guy at the gymm who makes the HISSSing snake noise but he overfreaking does it. Seriously when he is on the bench next to me I am [ ] this close to bursting out in laughter! And one day I had to endure it all because I had no headphones lol.
  • orangelobster
    Options

haha, zing! yeah, I don't know how I missed that! Very humbling!
  • jayche
    jayche Posts: 1,128 Member
    Options
    Probably hyping himself up for a set, check this guy out.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wl0RF65VLHQ

P.S. Layne Norton's a boss.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    Just wondering if I'm the only one.....

So I'm standing in the dumbbell area (pretty empty at the time), and notice this male approaching the rack. 6 paces (I wish I was exaggerating) away from the rack- He fully extends his arm, and points at the dumbbell he is about to use, and makes the *Chhhh* (noise you make to move a horse forward) and picks up the weight. Is that some sort of non-verbal clue to everyone else that he is awesome? Just trying to sort this all out.

Oh my god...I just laughed my *kitten* off at the image in my head. Thank you for posting this. Made my day. :D
  • exWHYzee1337
    Options

thanks for giving him the benefit of the doubt... he is SO thankful :huh: