TRX - anyone?..

Options
Has anyone tried the TRX?
If so, please tell me how it has worked for you and your thoughts on it.

Replies

• I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE THE TRX.

My gym has one and every chance I get I get on it and workout, I would love to get it for the house. you can do a killer plank on it and works your whole core, then do mountain climbs and back into a plank. best ab workout ever and gets your heart rate up.
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    We have one at my tri club and use it as part of our strength training.........I now also have one at home, still learning my way around on it but so far I'm pretty impressed with the range of exercises you can do with it (and I like its portability - it will be in my suitcase while traveling)
  • cmccorma
    cmccorma Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    they have one at my boot camp and i love it! i want one for home too but they are expensive. my hubby is going to make me one. just you tube how to make your own trx or suspension training. any way, ab exercises are awesome, stick your feet and get in push up position and bring knees to chest. also it is great for arms. triceps, biceps, rows all using your own body weight. best tricep workout i have found. jump squats holding the handles. the exercise options are endless.
  • nonstopper
    nonstopper Posts: 1,108 Member
    Options
    Thanks!
  • arc918
    arc918 Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    I take group TRX classes at a boutique TRX specific gym. It is an AWESOME workout! Here is part of my comments about TRX from their Yelp page:

After 20+ years of lifting weights at the gym, all it took was one visit to YuBfit to figure out how much my workouts were lacking. With TRX there is nowhere to hide, you have no choice but to engage your entire body in every exercise. At the gym, I could just hit the bench press, do some curls & pull-downs and continue to ignore my weak core & lack of flexibility. TRX is such a functional way to train.

Here's the place:

http://www.yubfit.com/about_us.htm