Ready! set! go!

Options
Hey everyone!

I 'm new to Myfitnespal and can't be more excited. I've worked with these type of programs in the past and they've been successful for me. I'm so glad I came across this program!

If you have any advice or updates, let me know. I'm in this for the long haul! I've got 3 beautiful kids who want their Mom around for a long time.

Jen

Replies

• melbhall
    melbhall Posts: 519
    Options
    My advice is to make friends because their support really helps keep you on track, also try to log your foods everyday...even the bad stuff. Sometimes I end up going over my calories because of unwise choices but I still log them and look at them and know I need to work harder. You've come to the right place! I've been on here two weeks and although I've only lost 2lbs I feel amazing! Good luck on your journey!
  • hmwth
    hmwth Posts: 25
    Options
    I sit down in morning with my coffee and plan my whole day. I put in anything that is a given ie: tea and cookies after supper and a yogurt before bed every night. It keeps me on track. I then sit down after supper and review. Somedays it is a nice surprise and I have some extra cals. If I want to add something as a treat, I always check to see if I have the cals. available before I eat it. That also makes me stop for a few minutes and make a decision as to wether or not it is worth it. I have been on it for 5 1/2 weeks and have lost 14 pounds. And as Melissa says, log the bad stuff too, it makes you more aware of everything you are eating. Good Luck!
  • youngs
    youngs Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I agree make new friends on her they are such a big key to your success:wink: ..and I log everything that goes in my mouth good:smile: or bad:sad: ..it is just amaing how well this site works:love: ..I have been on for about a month and have lost 12# :blushing: ( weigh in again 2moro hoping for another loss).. other advice that I would say to you is get fimilar with the site there is so many useful tool on here:happy: and make sure and read other topics that people post..they can be very helpful to you in the present and future..:bigsmile: always expect bumps in the road:noway: but to just move over them and keep looking forward and you will get to your goal..:love:

Wishing you the best of luck:flowerforyou:
    Lisa
  • SoldierDad
    SoldierDad Posts: 1,602
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! you will meet some really nice folks here!
  • AndreeT
    AndreeT Posts: 191
    Options
    I agree...try to make some friends! I have only been on MFP for 2 days and already feel the encouragement from new friends. I'll be looking out for you :wink:

Good luck!