Cheese.

Options
124»

Replies

• morielia
    morielia Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I have like... eight wheels of Normandy camembert in the fridge, along with a block of cheddar, several balls of smoked mozz, string cheese, and two wedges of gorgonzola. I limit myself, but I won't give it up.
  • Stdavis53
    Stdavis53 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    I've seen a lot of people post about eating cottage cheese and just settling with the 0% and other types. I've only seen it a few places, but FiberOne makes a cottage cheese that tastes like the good old full fat full flavor varieties but is only 80 calories per serving. Definitely worth looking into!
  • crystalflame
    crystalflame Posts: 1,049 Member
    Options
    I go to the store, I buy full-fat artisan cheese, and I eat it almost every day. I cook with it, I snack on it, I make meals out of wine and cheese. But I pre-log it and measure it out. Cheese is something I will never give up, and I make sure I really, really enjoy what I have. And yes, I'm losing weight. =)
  • barb1241
    barb1241 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    Mega cheese lover here. We don't have a good cheese shop here where I live, so I don't get the fancy kind very often, but when I do, I weigh it. And have it with a measured serving of crackers and a measured glass of wine and some fruit if possible. I will do extra exercise so I can fit it in when it's available. There is a specialty cheese shop in Denver (Longmont, actually) where I am going for Christmas. The good news is that it's so expensive I can only buy a little which is self-limiting.

For just every day stuff, I use the crappy ff kind.
  • barb1241
    barb1241 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    I'm sure the correct healthy eating advice is to always have wine with cheese.

Apparently it creates a fat-burning metabolism boost, and makes you look 10 years younger overnight. And two sizes smaller.

Oh-Oh Quick sign me up!
  • Kipenzi7
    Kipenzi7 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Cheeso, check. Wino, check.

I keep a ruler in the kitchen for portioning cheese. No foolin'. Also I like reduced fat single serves, and nonfat or lowfat Greek yogurt. The yogurt helps with general dairy cravings: cream cheese, ice cream, sour cream, etc. Also there was a study somewheres that correlated 16 oz of low or nonfat dairy a day with increased weight loss.

I firmly hold that eliminating cheese is not the answer. I'm glad there's generally consensus on that score.
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    I'm over today because of cheese. Feta and Pepperjack. Some weeks I don't buy it because of how hard it is to resist. Same issue with cashews and peanuts. So awful to cut out all the junk (and in my case most carbs) and still find something to crave!