Fit TV workouts

Options
I have Fit TV on cable at home, and I decided to do one of the workouts on there for a change of pace.
It was a boxing-style workout (lots of upper-body movements, but I kept moving pretty fast for the entire 30 minutes. Also, weights were incorporated into the workout. Should I count this as cardio, strength training, or aerobics? How would I figure out how many calories I burned? I feel like I got in a good workout.

Replies

• GTOgirl1969
    GTOgirl1969 Posts: 2,527 Member
    Options
    I have Fit TV on cable at home, and I decided to do one of the workouts on there for a change of pace.
    It was a boxing-style workout (lots of upper-body movements, but I kept moving pretty fast for the entire 30 minutes. Also, weights were incorporated into the workout. Should I count this as cardio, strength training, or aerobics? How would I figure out how many calories I burned? I feel like I got in a good workout.
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    That would be cardio/aerobics (that's the same thing really)...I have yet to see a video on FitTV that would actually count as resistance training because the reps are so high, but it's definitely beneficial still. I love their workouts, I used them a lot over the winter. The yoga is great too!
  • GingerKid
    GingerKid Posts: 86
    Options
    I DVR some of their yoga shows so I can get some extra flexibility work in.

Other than that, I can't workout at home...I keep seeing things that need to be cleaned/picked up etc :laugh:
  • scostello24
    scostello24 Posts: 126
    Options
    Thats so funny you brought up the FitTV because we just got it in our area. I tried to do one of the videos and boy it kicked my butt!!!!! I have not actually worked out in over 3 years so needless to say I wont have to worry about not getting a workout from ANY of the videos on there!!!:laugh: Oh and for the record whoever created pilates *spelling* had to of been in the best shape ever. I tried that one too...lets just say I am not ready for all that.....
  • may_marie
    may_marie Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    i just went to fit tv website ... didnt know it existed !! wish i could get it here.(in the uk).. i like the idea of having to be somewhere at a certain time for my work out, helps not to procrastinate..

anybody gets online work out videos ? i have yet to find a aerobics video that i really like.

thanks. may
  • Healthier_Me
    Healthier_Me Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    When I used Fit TV to get in shape a few years ago, I only watched Gilad & Sharon Mann.
    They are wonderful.

~Joanna:flowerforyou:
  • FatDancer
    FatDancer Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    I love the show, "Namaste Yoga"...so tranquil...they also have a really good beginning bellydance instruction show titled, "Shimmy"...I just ordered Rainbeau Mar's yoga DVDs...don't know anything about them but they were on sale...if they aren't anything like Namaste Yoga, I'll end up forking out the money to buy Namaste seasons 1 and 2 on DVD as well.
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    Thats so funny you brought up the FitTV because we just got it in our area. I tried to do one of the videos and boy it kicked my butt!!!!! I have not actually worked out in over 3 years so needless to say I wont have to worry about not getting a workout from ANY of the videos on there!!!:laugh: Oh and for the record whoever created pilates *spelling* had to of been in the best shape ever. I tried that one too...lets just say I am not ready for all that.....

For the record, here is a link to a picture of Joseph Pilates himself. I think he's in his 80s in this picture.:noway:

http://akpilates.com/images/joseph_pilates_john_lindquist1.jpg
  • Healthier_Me
    Options

For the record, here is a link to a picture of Joseph Pilates himself. I think he's in his 80s in this picture.:noway:

http://akpilates.com/images/joseph_pilates_john_lindquist1.jpg
    Wow!!
    That's true inspiration.

• scostello24
    Options
    Wow I got worked by an 80 year old man..I should be ashamed...:sad: :frown: ...ok so I looked at his picure real quick before I posted...and that man is in some serious shape..its ok that he worked me..lol
  • scostello24
    Options
    You know what I am going to make that a new short term goal......to be able to successfully do pilates by the end of April...HERE WE GO!!!!!
  • kingon8
    kingon8 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I am also wondering how we figure the calories. I do LeslieS ansoanes walk ntone video which is 30 minutes, but it is not just walking, she incorporates arm exercises and different leg exercises as well, and just counting it as "walking" is jipping me calories! How can I figure this??
  • Healthier_Me
    Options
    Maybe low impact aerobics?

• colleen3345
    Options
    Billy's Bootcamp Videos kick my *kitten*, bit its the best 45-55 min videos i have ever done and i do a diff. one 5 nights a week. if you get the bands, its great strength training too.