Zumba!

Options
I went to my first class last night and LOVED it. I'm already counting down the hours until my class next week :)

Who else has "joined the party"?

Replies

• arasm
    arasm Posts: 65
    Options
    Zumba ROCKS!!
  • BellinghamBelle
    BellinghamBelle Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I love Zumba!!! I feel completely uncoordinated, and there are a few steps that I just can't do - even after 8 or 9 times, but I still love it. Love the music, love the people, love that there is sweat dripping off my face after 20 minutes. Best hour of workout of the week!
  • 1Sweets
    1Sweets Posts: 395
    Options
    I love watching Zumba but was wondering if I could do it since I have had back surgery. I can ride a stationary bike, I can walk long distances now...Wondering If I could wiggle the hips too?:laugh: :wink: :tongue:

Any of you have ailments and still do Zumba???
  • HealthyKt78
    Options
    I LOVE Zumba. I haven't been in forever though cause the classes at my gym always interfere with my schedule. I'm gonna try to go next week.

Actually I just checked and there's a class tomorrow!!! Thanks for reminding me about Zumba otherwise I wouldn't have looked.
  • karins4
    karins4 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I love watching Zumba but was wondering if I could do it since I have had back surgery. I can ride a stationary bike, I can walk long distances now...Wondering If I could wiggle the hips too?:laugh: :wink: :tongue:

I have a bad back and hips but I still do Zumba. I love it! I just modify the steps to what is comfortable for me. No bouncing, any steps that hurt my back or hip I just don't do and try to come up with something that has a similar motion to what everyone else is doing but doesn't hurt me...even if it's just stepping side to side. There was only the one time when we had a sub that was too hard for me but that was because she kept doing the same couple of moves the entire time that I couldn't modify much and killed my back and hips. So if she ever teaches again I'll have to skip it.

Try it out...just take it easy at first to see how you feel and if you can modify any of the painful moves to something more comfortable.

Karin
  • LivyJo
    LivyJo Posts: 355 Member
    Options

I LOVE ZUMBA. My friends think I'm crazy for spending extra $$ to go to the classes, but its so much fun I can't stop myself.

There are so many different people that do Zumba. You dont have to be good at dancing, you dont have to feel pressured to keep up, you can modify things to your comfort level, and no one is going to care because it is a party!

I usually burn about 600 calories doing Zumba, this past class I had on Weds I burned 750!!! And there was a sub teacher and I thought i wasn't getting near the workout I usually did. Weird!

Anyhow, I love it and wish I could do it every night :love:
  • lose2cruise
    Options
    I have the DVD set. Love the cardio party.
  • sweetteacher123
    Options
    I love, love, love Zumba!!! It is so much fun and a great aerobic workout. I've done live classes and the DVD's. I prefer the classes because of the fun people that go there too! But the videos are also great. It's a great way to cross-train and do a different workout a few days a week. :happy:
  • Sparksfly
    Sparksfly Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    I am obsessed!

the gym I belong to now has class 3x a week and I go to EVERY class.

I even get to bed earlier on a Friday so I can make my 9:30am class on Saturday morning.

IS THAT WEIRD?? :laugh: :laugh:
  • LMS3386
    Options
    Not weird at all! My gym doesn't offer any type of fitness classes, so I go with friends to a studio about 20-30 minutes away once a week and pay $12 for the class. I'm trying to find one closer to me so I can go more often, but they're only offered at gyms.
  • taryn_perry
    taryn_perry Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Zumba is a fun and flavorful workout! Wish I could get to it more often, but I teach Turbo Kick. Anyone tried it? Sooooooo much fun.