Help I have no motivation anymore

It all started the weekend before I left on vacation. I found out that one of my best friends of 5 years wasn't the greatest friend after all. Not just to me but to everyone of her friends. Except I took it very hard. I didn't exercise once on vacation and I ate and drank everything at the resort I was staying at. Before then I lost almost 15lbs and I gained it all back and I look horrible. I have no ambition to log my foods, workout, run like I use to, or eat healthy. The biggest thing I can't give up is my Mountain Dew. I can drink that morning, noon and night. How can I get back on track? I am going on a huge family vacation with some friends for Spring Break and I want to lose a good 15-20lbs. Plus I am going to take my kids to Mexico for the 1st time in June and I want to look good and feel good there this time. Someone Please Help ME!

Replies

• Granada88
    Granada88 Posts: 40 Member
    Emotions are a huge motivation to keep going. But, it's also a real killer, too. For me, no matter what is coming at me... albeit negative comments/innuendo, or whatever... I have to make the choice every single day to do what I need to do.

The only one this is going to affect, is you. So, you have to do this for YOU! That's why I'm here...for ME. It isn't going to matter to anyone else if I am feeling bad, really. Of course, family and REAL friends are going to care about me and my welfare. But, in the end... I miss the guy who was always in a good mood... Who could always take a joke... Who could always laugh at himself. Who would NEVER back down from a challenge. See, I WANT HIM BACK. I want ME back.

It kinda sounds like we're in the same boat, in a way. I guarantee, that if you'd just make the descision to get out the door...and go. To do your workout...to log on here and vent, and dream...then go after it.... I promise you, you won't be sorry. Good luck with everything. Take care. -Jeff
  • LanderRose81
    LanderRose81 Posts: 237 Member
    Well you logged on here - so that is a great first step! Just take is a little at a time. Log your meals whether they are good or not so good - at least then you will have a visual. Go for a walk - 15 minutes. The little things will add up. I have had to overcome lack of motivation many times. You just have to keep pushing through and remember all the reasons you started on this journey in the first place. Why is this so important to you? Just keep those reasons in mind.

Try writing down one goal for the day each morning. It could be anything: drink 8 glasses of water, log all my meals today, take a walk at lunch. Anything. Getting to check off goals feels great!

I hope some of this was helpful. Stay strong!
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    It all started the weekend before I left on vacation. I found out that one of my best friends of 5 years wasn't the greatest friend after all. Not just to me but to everyone of her friends. Except I took it very hard. I didn't exercise once on vacation and I ate and drank everything at the resort I was staying at. Before then I lost almost 15lbs and I gained it all back and I look horrible. I have no ambition to log my foods, workout, run like I use to, or eat healthy. The biggest thing I can't give up is my Mountain Dew. I can drink that morning, noon and night. How can I get back on track? I am going on a huge family vacation with some friends for Spring Break and I want to lose a good 15-20lbs. Plus I am going to take my kids to Mexico for the 1st time in June and I want to look good and feel good there this time. Someone Please Help ME!

Work on changing your mindset. It's not a diet because you're going on vacation. You're doing it to be healthy and fit for your kids, your family, for you! Don't drag emotion baggage into (my friend really isn't a friend) to use as excuses. Make this a lifestyle!
  • yowla
    yowla Posts: 127 Member
    Thank you both for your kind words. It is hard. I don't know why this has bothered me so much. I usually can brush things off but for almost 2 months I have done nothing. I am falling back into my old habits that got me here in the first place. I always say tomorrow is a new day and I can start over then, but I try to tell myself I should start right now. Until I eat some potato chips and drink a sugary pop. I guess I just have to think about me and figured out why this is causing me to be like this. It just isn't me that this person hurt it was a lot of people. Maybe I feel like a fool and don't feel like I deserve a good healthy life.
  • LanderRose81
    LanderRose81 Posts: 237 Member
    It just isn't me that this person hurt it was a lot of people. Maybe I feel like a fool and don't feel like I deserve a good healthy life.

Don't let this person have power over you! It took me a long time to learn that.

You DO deserve to be healthy!