I need a dedicated "buddy"...

Options
2»

Replies

• jrue1985
    jrue1985 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I didn't start this thread to start arguments. I started this thread to get comments and suggestions from people who WANT to offer them. If you do not like my thread, feel free to pass by it. Won't hurt my feelings. I didn't ask anyone what has gone on in their lives in the past however long, because, to put it bluntly, this thread is about ME and what I was looking for. Once someone has friend requested me, I can then learn about and from them. I was simply saying: "I am looking for a friend to motivate me, and to receive motivation from me. I have done well in the past but have had a rough few months, and could use help hoping back on the proverbial wagon." If you don't like this, so be it, you are not helping me, and therefore no use to me. Thank you. And a HUGE thank you to those who have already offered support and helpful suggestions. There sure are some AWESOME people on this site :-)
  • T1mH
    T1mH Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    You might want to pick up some weights in between the 2 and the 30. Check craigslist or local thrift shops. Another option would be to look into body weight exercises, that can take you a long way.

You can't target areas to lose weight. Your best bet is a well balanced work out. Get in a routine and do it. There is nothing wrong with changing it every day but the hard part is to keep it balanced. Pick a 30 minute work out plan and follow it.

Asking another person to give you a work out every day, check on you to see if you've done it and post inspirational messages is a lot to ask. There is no way your going to return that favor as by your own admission you can't even do it for yourself.

Edit: Based on your last post it does appear to hurt your feelings even though you mentioned a few posts up that maybe a good kick is what you needed. The message has been consistently that you have to want it to do it.
  • johnnlinda
    Options
    I didn't mean to be not nice. I just got a chuckle out of the babysitting comment. I am very supportive and try to be helpful. But I have learned that you have to find that commitment inside yourself. Yes, it helps to have people say WTG! and Great job! But at the end of the day, it is all about how you feel and what you have done to change your life. I'm not a good babysitter, as I seem to tell it like it is. I hope you find the support you're looking for. Happy Holiday!
  • sugarfree123
    sugarfree123 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    My advice is to really clean up your eating. Lots of veges,, no dairy. Lean meats only and a little fruit and nuts. Lots , lots lots of veges. real veges, You cannot out- exercise a bad diet. I know cause I tried. A steamer is your friend.
  • jrue1985
    Options
    I didn't pick on anyone in particular about the not being nice. I pretty much just let it roll off anyway. I was a "professional babysitter" in a jail for 4 years, I can deal witht he bluntness/ telling it like it is :-) I think that getting done working there was part of my undoing. That line of work was a times a huge workout! I had more muscle back then than I do now for sure!! And the suggestion about more weights- I sure do need more. What are thoughts on kettle balls? And, I have been thinking of a mini trampoline.. ideas on those?
  • jrue1985
    Options
    A stamer huh? I may have to look into that. I am not much into dairy anyway... milk... bleck! I do love me some veggies. We had an awesome garden this summer :-) What is wrong with fruit? Thank you for your helpful post!!
  • BurtHuttz
    BurtHuttz Posts: 3,653 Member
    Options
    And a lot of people get super motivated by folks who tell it like it is. I think each person being snarky in this thread was saying "hi, this is who I am and how I motivate!" and if you don't want to pursue that, you don't have to. :flowerforyou:
  • jrue1985
    Options
    And a lot of people get super motivated by folks who tell it like it is. I think each person being snarky in this thread was saying "hi, this is who I am and how I motivate!" and if you don't want to pursue that, you don't have to. :flowerforyou:

I have no problem with people telling it like it is.. I know I suck at this quite often, and being told that won't hurt my feelings lol!
  • BurtHuttz
    Options
    I have no problem with people telling it like it is.. I know I suck at this quite often, and being told that won't hurt my feelings lol!

This time is different.
  • jrue1985
    Options

This time is different.

?
  • BurtHuttz
    Options
    You suck at this quite often; this time is different. Go do your thing. :bigsmile:
  • metaphoria
    metaphoria Posts: 1,432 Member
    Options
    Ok, here's the site I really like. Couldn't remember the name exactly so it took a bit of searching. Lol

http://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/2009/12/09/beginner-body-weight-workout-burn-fat-build-muscle/

Whhops just read that internet isn't hooked up. Whatcha gotta do is head to Walmart and look through their $5 exercise videos. Tons of variety, but I really like kickboxing or the Skinny B**** videos. Theyre funny and energetic, and yell at you to not eat crappy food right after you workout. Lol
  • pennysaurus
    pennysaurus Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    First of all, if you just make the decision to workout and eat right and actually mean it...you may not need so much from your mfp friends. Second of all you need to stop telling yourself you suck at this...then you may not need so much from your mfp friends. Thirdly previously I have found that being friends with the confident, dedicated and motivated people was enough to motivate me
  • JezzD1
    JezzD1 Posts: 431
    Options
    Bump for the good exercises being put up.
    I won't go post exercises for you on your profile but I do link up exercises and tips and tricks for weight loss etc on my profile so feel free to add.
    on my wall you will find
    exercises
    diet tips and how to eat clean tips
    weight loss tips and tricks
    recipes for healthy foods
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    I am good for #1 and #2 - Not doing #3. If you want to be friends send me a request. Either way. good luck.
  • cathymarie75
    cathymarie75 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    30 day shred is a good start