Same Dress, Different Body :) 20 lbs lighter and counting

Options
The left picture was taken on July 21, 2012 during my cousin's bridal shower. I was so honored when she asked me to be a bridesmaid in her wedding. She got engaged in January and I kept telling myself that I was going to lose weight before the wedding day on September 1, 2012. It wasn't until I saw the pictures from the bridal shower that I knew I had to do something. I had to take control of my health and change my lifestyle. I started with a Beachbody program called Power 90. I started on August 13, 2012 and promised myself that I wouldn't give up and I was going to finish it... ALL 90 DAYS!! After completeing the program I lost a total of 20 pounds and 25 inches. On November 11, I decide to put the dress back on and see how it fit. Sure enough it was too big. I went for bra size DD to C and the top of the dress was too loose. I went from a size 16 to 12!!!

6636225_3083.jpg

6636225_2001.jpg

The top left picture is from the day of the wedding and the other three pictures were taken November 28, 2012 to show the amount of inches I had lost and how the dress longer fit.

6636225_7808.jpg
The left picture is the heaviest full body picture I could find of myself in 2005. The picture on the right were taken on December 8, 2012.

I continue to tracked my food with myfitnesspal and stuck to the program and I feel great! I'm currently on Day 39 of P90X and I'm not done :) I'd love to hear your success stories, what helped you during your weight loss and any questions you may have for me. Feel free to add me :)

You can also follow my page on facebook at www.facebook.com/jeanyusjean1

Replies

• GrannySparkle
    GrannySparkle Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Looking good!!!!
  • islandbeauty81
    islandbeauty81 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Great job.
  • lisalou23
    lisalou23 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting! Great inspiration!

Lisa
  • LoosingMyLast15
    LoosingMyLast15 Posts: 1,457 Member
    Options
    great job! thanks for posting!!!!
  • castell5
    castell5 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Keep the BEFORE pic out where you can see it, pin it on the fridge and remind yourself you don't want to go back there, you are happy where you are now. How do I know? Cause if you weren't you wouldn't have put up the post.
    DON'T hide the before pictures!
  • Kurls4Daze
    Kurls4Daze Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    i am so happy for you taking control and staying committed!!!!!! Congrats!!!
    The left picture was taken on July 21, 2012 during my cousin's bridal shower. I was so honored when she asked me to be a bridesmaid in her wedding. She got engaged in January and I kept telling myself that I was going to lose weight before the wedding day on September 1, 2012. It wasn't until I saw the pictures from the bridal shower that I knew I had to do something. I had to take control of my health and change my lifestyle. I started with a Beachbody program called Power 90. I started on August 13, 2012 and promised myself that I wouldn't give up and I was going to finish it... ALL 90 DAYS!! After completeing the program I lost a total of 20 pounds and 25 inches. On November 11, I decide to put the dress back on and see how it fit. Sure enough it was too big. I went for bra size DD to C and the top of the dress was too loose. I went from a size 16 to 12!!!

6636225_3083.jpg

6636225_2001.jpg

The top left picture is from the day of the wedding and the other three pictures were taken November 28, 2012 to show the amount of inches I had lost and how the dress longer fit.

6636225_7808.jpg
    The left picture is the heaviest full body picture I could find of myself in 2005. The picture on the right were taken on December 8, 2012.

I continue to tracked my food with myfitnesspal and stuck to the program and I feel great! I'm currently on Day 39 of P90X and I'm not done :) I'd love to hear your success stories, what helped you during your weight loss and any questions you may have for me. Feel free to add me :)

You can also follow my page on facebook at www.facebook.com/jeanyusjean1
  • KrazyAsianNic
    KrazyAsianNic Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options
    Wow! Great work!
  • Jeanyusjean
    Jeanyusjean Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Thanks everybody. Now I try to take pictures every Saturday morning to track my progress. I used to dread taking full body pictures because I knew how overweight I was. I literally scrolled through years of pictures in my photobucket account and they were all head shots. I was so embarassed of body and was unhappy but now I have self confidence. I still have a long way to go but I'm taking it day by day.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!