FAGE YOGURT

Options
OK PEOPLE

I GOT THIS TO TRY SINCE I HAD HEARD ABOUT IT ............. AND WOW.

It taste like sourcream. I am trying to make myself it it but gosh this is hard.
I did put some fresh fruit in it but I can not tell.

Does anyone have any help for me?

Replies

• courtney_love2001
    courtney_love2001 Posts: 1,468 Member
    Options
    You have to sweeten it, silly! :laugh: It's not palatable just plain out of the container. I add a packet of stevia or a little honey. It's really addictive though, so watch out! I love it now...
  • rmccully
    rmccully Posts: 319
    Options
    Courtney adding fruit is not enough? I tought adding fruit would be but i guess not
  • kfsooner
    Options
    I always added chocolate syrup.....
  • PanicAtTheBuffet
    Options
    I agree with Courtney. Try adding honey. I didn't like it at first, but you will grow to love it.

Did you try Chobani? They have a lot of flavors and they are excellent.
  • aweightogo
    Options
    I tought the same thing at first. The good news is, I like it better than fat free sour cream, so now I have two uses for it. You do really need to sweeten it. I like to put one packet of splenda with fiber, four sliced strawberries and a handful of blackberries in with a serving of Fage. I let it sit overnight, mix it up really well and enjoy. It is SO good.
  • McFatterton
    McFatterton Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    I've just started eating it and am really starting to like it. I add fruit to it at night, let it soak in and then eat it for breakfast in the morning. I've added either chopped up frozen berries, or mascerated strawberries. It's still a little tangy in the morning, but not nearly as bad. And it's SO filling!
  • mlove1307
    Options
    Adding fruit helps, but fruit isn't that sweet alone, and it certainly doesn't compensate for the sour/bitter taste of unsweetened greeks style yogurts!! I am a splenda girl, so I usually add a packet of that. I have even tried using the flavored splenda and they make the yogurt taste amazing!!

I sometimes add a little sugar free jelly as well. Adds color and sweetness! :]
  • rmccully
    Options
    I agree with Courtney. Try adding honey. I didn't like it at first, but you will grow to love it.

Yes I love the chobani.
  • PanicAtTheBuffet
    Options

Yes I love the chobani.

I can see why the Fage yogurt taste blahh to you now. The Chobani is really fruity and sweet. :tongue:
  • rmccully
    Options
    You have to sweeten it, silly! :laugh: It's not palatable just plain out of the container. I add a packet of stevia or a little honey. It's really addictive though, so watch out! I love it now...

how much honey do you add?
  • tmwebb
    tmwebb Posts: 21
    Options
    I feel really stupid right now, What is fage yogurt??:embarassed:
  • rmccully
    Options
    I've just started eating it and am really starting to like it. I add fruit to it at night, let it soak in and then eat it for breakfast in the morning. I've added either chopped up frozen berries, or mascerated strawberries. It's still a little tangy in the morning, but not nearly as bad. And it's SO filling!

so you stir in what you want at night and let in sit uncovered overnight and it is better?
  • PanicAtTheBuffet
    Options
    I feel really stupid right now, What is fage yogurt??:embarassed:

O.K. I didn't write this, but I stole it by myself.

Fage Greek Yogurt is a great alternative to regular yogurt. The texture of this strained yogurt is MUCH thicker, and the taste is reminiscent of cream cheese. However, this 7 oz. cup has only 2% fat (4g) and a whopping 17g protein, making it an excellent, nutritious part of a meal or snack. The plain taste of the yogurt might not be sweet enough for some, but it mixes up perfectly with Splenda, fruit, jam, nonfat sweetened yogurt, or even a a bit of nonfat pudding mix for a wonderful treat that tastes just like cheesecake! A great option for the carb-conscious as well (8g carbs, 8g sugar).
  • tmwebb
    tmwebb Posts: 21
    Options
    Oh, Ok thanks for the info!!!!
  • courtney_love2001
    courtney_love2001 Posts: 1,468 Member
    Options
    If I use honey it's like a tablespoon. I just can't eat it when it's overly sour. Sometimes, I use half a packet of Truvia and then squirt a tiny bit of honey on top for some nice flavor. I just throw fresh fruit in there (sometimes a sprinkle of granola) and eat it up! I have also put chocolate syrup on it before when I was craving ice cream...works like a charm! ;)
  • Relaeh
    Relaeh Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I love Fage-0%-add honey (drizzled over some walnuts or Kashi Go Lean Crunch)-very tasty
  • lreed
    lreed Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    I like fruit and honey, blue berries and 1 tablespoon of honey. It takes a little getting used to it, but I love it! Love the high protein too!
  • YogurtLoversWife
    Options
    Fage in Toronto, Canada can be found at SummerHill Market. Here is their web site http://www.summerhillmarket.com/.

If you haven't had Greek yogurt before, you should add a spoonful of honey on top of it and it's so wonderful. Also try a spoonful of your favorite jam. It's so yummy! Enjoy!
  • 29bubbles
    29bubbles Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    OK.. I'm new to greek yogart as well... are you all just eating it like yoplait... or are you adding it to something and making a desert thing?

I tried it once & hated it... didn't know about the adding stuff in part. Since I didn't like it much,,, I guess I'm curious as to how everyone is eating this.
    Thanks!
  • johnphays
    Options
    I mix in some chocolate Shakeology for an extremely tasty and healthy chocolate pudding! Then I add berries and some granola and it's an amazing dessert!