College Student.

Hey! I'm a college student.
It's time for a change. I have been doing family research and there is history that shows I will have health problems. I believe if I start exercising and eating right, I can reduce the amount of health problems I will face.
This won't be easy. Especially living in the dorms at school and being on the meal plan, but I can do it.

I currently weigh 225lbs. My goal weight is 125lbs. Because that is where my doctor told me would be healthiest. The truth is, I don't remember ever seeing 125lbs in my teenage years. I am not planning to lose it all this month. My ideal date to achieve all this is February 2014 when I run my first half marathon.

I am all for talking to anyone so send me a message.

Kelli

Replies

• djames92
    djames92 Posts: 990 Member
    i like that youre realistic about your goals and how long it will actually take to reach them based on just that i think youll be able to reach it!!!
  • nc805397
    nc805397 Posts: 223 Member
    I'm planning on running a 10K or maybe a half marathon in May! I am also a college student!! I have about 40 pounds to lose and hope to lose all 40 pounds by May. Let's motivate each other!

You mentioned you wanted to get down to 125 from 225 by Feb. That is REALLY quick and I suggest taking your weight loss much slower (you'll be happier I promise!) I started out at 232 in May and am just hitting 200 now. Slow and steady wins the race :)
  • Ib220
    Ib220 Posts: 5 Member
    i'm gonna be a junior college student, and i also have health problems in the family. the two highly occuring problems in my family are diabetes and high blood pressure, which is also why i wanna get in shape (i also had a baby five months ago and wanna let go of the extra weight). it's tough, especially since i have the worst cravings, but i hope i can gradually work my way up. i think it's great that you wanna take care of yourself, if you want you can add me and we could support each other! :)
  • nc805397
    nc805397 Posts: 223 Member
    OH. Now I see you said Feb. 2014, not 2013. ahh that's much better haha! :P
  • djames92
    djames92 Posts: 990 Member
    I'm planning on running a 10K or maybe a half marathon in May! I am also a college student!! I have about 40 pounds to lose and hope to lose all 40 pounds by May. Let's motivate each other!

You mentioned you wanted to get down to 125 from 225 by Feb. That is REALLY quick and I suggest taking your weight loss much slower (you'll be happier I promise!) I started out at 232 in May and am just hitting 200 now. Slow and steady wins the race :)
    thats less than 2 pounds a week how is that REALLY quick?
  • brevislux
    brevislux Posts: 1,093 Member
    Hey! I'm a graduate student, lean but trying to get in shape and have better awareness to what I eat. My grandfather had diabetes and I really wouldn't like to be the same way. You can add me! I've been here every day and I believe it will be true in the future.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,865 Member
    i like that youre realistic about your goals and how long it will actually take to reach them based on just that i think youll be able to reach it!!!

Ditto...having a realistic goal is one of the basic keys to success. It will also make your journey more pleasant overall and you will be more likely to aquire a new lifestyle during this process rather than just crash dieting and yo-yoing back and forth in your weight. Remember, diet for weight control and exercise for fitness...make sure you do some resistance training in addition to any cardio you might do. It's pretty important.
  • cboutin89
    cboutin89 Posts: 79 Member
    Hey! I'm a college student.
    It's time for a change. I have been doing family research and there is history that shows I will have health problems. I believe if I start exercising and eating right, I can reduce the amount of health problems I will face.
    This won't be easy. Especially living in the dorms at school and being on the meal plan, but I can do it.

I currently weigh 225lbs. My goal weight is 125lbs. Because that is where my doctor told me would be healthiest. The truth is, I don't remember ever seeing 125lbs in my teenage years. I am not planning to lose it all this month. My ideal date to achieve all this is February 2014 when I run my first half marathon.

I am all for talking to anyone so send me a message.

Kelli

Hey Kelli!
    I understand how it is to be a college student, I graduated a couple of months ago and am focused on getting rid of the big"college 20" I gained throughout those years on my break from school. I started out as 225 lbs and now 208. I am hoping to get down to 140 in the next 5 months. I definitely believe you can accomplish your goal this upcoming year. With the right mindset it is possible. I wish you the best in your journey and your marathon race. I am here if you ever need help.

Christine
  • taylorwaylor
    taylorwaylor Posts: 417 Member
    K, i just want to warn you before its too late.... DO NOT be a cardio junkie and under eat....Please do some research, and i recommend lifting heavy! Look at my friends list for women who lift...they look aweessoooommmmeee!

But good luck with your weight loss goals! :)