measuring

Options
any tips on how to make sure you are measuring in the same spot everytime? thanks

Replies

• drmerc
    drmerc Posts: 2,603 Member
    Options
    Which body parts
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,045 Member
    Options
    Take a picture.
  • Liz12mae
    Liz12mae Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    arms, neck, waist and hips.
    do you mean take a picture of where i am measuring? that might work....

:)
  • alissamoat
    alissamoat Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I measure in front of a mirror so I can visually memorize where I am measuring. I have a birth mark on my calf that I go by, I measure at the top of my butt crack and around my belly button for my waist, I measure right across my nipples for my chest...just a few tips. I am so glad that I measured this time around...especially when the scale is not moving!:wink:
  • Firefox7275
    Firefox7275 Posts: 2,040 Member
    Options
    Thighs, arms and hips do the fattest part, waist use the belly button as your marker. That is how many fitness professionals are trained to take measurements.
  • PriceK01
    PriceK01 Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    I measure bust, hips, thigh, calf, upper arm, and forearm at their widest points. Wrist, ankle, and waist at the narrowest points. Chest just under my breasts and abdomen at the navel. Oh, and neck at the middle.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,045 Member
    Options

do you mean take a picture of where i am measuring? that might work....

:)
    Yes, that's what I meant.
  • wibutterflymagic
    wibutterflymagic Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    I've been trying to figure that out myself for my hips because I have no hips so finding the point that is considered "your hips" has been difficult. Thanks for the tip...I'll have to try the mirror thing.