PROOF!!

Options
Louisianababy93
Louisianababy93 Posts: 1,709 Member
m9u4c3.jpg

and i talked to my cousin in Holland, he had a good day, and when he wakes up, it'll be saturday there!!
So, it's not the end of the world tomarrow!

Replies

• n0ob
    n0ob Posts: 2,390 Member
    Options
    The mayans lived in our hemisphere.

not off the hook...
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options

not off the hook...

So. . . . the world only ends here?
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options

not off the hook...

No, but it's by our time zones not theirs.
  • Dub_D
    Dub_D Posts: 1,760 Member
    Options
    Actually it ends at 11:11 UTC.
  • Louisianababy93
    Louisianababy93 Posts: 1,709 Member
    Options

not off the hook...

*kitten*!
  • JustJennie1
    Options

not off the hook...

Well, if you want to be THAT technical the world will actually end an hour later since Mexico is an hour behind us.
  • Dub_D
    Options
    Actually it ends at 11:11 UTC.

A little less than 12 hrs left.
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options

not off the hook...

Well, if you want to be THAT technical the world will actually end an hour later since Mexico is an hour behind us.

Mexico is right near me and quite a different time gap than Australia.
  • n0ob
    n0ob Posts: 2,390 Member
    Options

not off the hook...

The mayans would have lived in the Central US times zone...just to clear up any of this mass confusion.
  • JustJennie1
    Options

not off the hook...

The mayans would have lived in the Central US times zone...just to clear up any of this mass confusion.

Right. And for where I live it's an hour behind me.
  • Dub_D
    Options

not off the hook...

Right. And for where I live it's an hour behind me.

It's not that hard really. The world ends at 11:11 AM UTC which will be 9:11 PM in Australia.
  • ilovemybuggy
    ilovemybuggy Posts: 1,584 Member
    Options
    guess what guys, the Mayans also didn't account for Leap years..... *bursts bubble*
  • ynotcycle
    ynotcycle Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    guess what guys, the Mayans also didn't account for Leap years..... *bursts bubble*

That actually just blew my mind lol thanks!
  • Jessi_Brooks
    Jessi_Brooks Posts: 759 Member
    Options

Actually their calendar was way more accurate, they didnt need a leap year. And the Mayans werent the ones who invented the calendar, it was used by most cultures in pre-Columbian Central America, from around 2000 BC. They used only galactic alignments to determine time and cycles. Technically a Mayan year would have been about 365 days, 5 hours, and some odd minutes that I forget. The leap year was invented by the Romans in 45 BC after noticing the original calendar they were using was not accurate and causing them to fall out of alignments.
  • dirtnap63
    dirtnap63 Posts: 1,387 Member
    Options

Actually their calendar was way more accurate, they didnt need a leap year. And the Mayans werent the ones who invented the calendar, it was used by most cultures in pre-Columbian Central America, from around 2000 BC. They used only galactic alignments to determine time and cycles. Technically a Mayan year would have been about 365 days, 5 hours, and some odd minutes that I forget. The leap year was invented by the Romans in 45 BC after noticing the original calendar they were using was not accurate and causing them to fall out of alignments.

Sooooo, does that mean I shouldn't bother to set my alarm for the morning or yes? Cause if I wake up and I'm not dead and I'm late for work, I am sooooo dead!
  • jayche
    jayche Posts: 1,128 Member
    Options
    The Mayans didn't live in Australia :|
  • cobracars
    cobracars Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    One day the Mayan Chief went to his Calender Maker and said "Okay, that's enough calenders to last awhile. I've got another project for you to start on".

Thus ends the mystery of why the Mayan calender only goes to 12/21/2012
  • SwimFan1981
    SwimFan1981 Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options
    But it's bollocks....
  • Jessi_Brooks
    Jessi_Brooks Posts: 759 Member
    Options
    Yeah, everything aside... The Mayans never said anything about the world ending anyways.
  • Jonesie86
    Jonesie86 Posts: 446 Member
    Options

Sooooo, does that mean I shouldn't bother to set my alarm for the morning or yes? Cause if I wake up and I'm not dead and I'm late for work, I am sooooo dead!

ROFL hahahaha that's great!!!